Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBRB moves Fury ahead of Wilder in their rankings.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Fury did no damage, got knocked down twice, and his face was severely marked up after the fight.

I had Fury ahead on my card heading into the 12th, he put on an incredible display of skill, but not sure he proved he is the better "fighter" when the fight ended in a draw and Fury was half a second away from being knocked out.
    Red marks vs a swollen eye. There are some different genetics at play in your assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Chisora in their top 10? Hmmm
      I have him 10.

All the guys he’s competing with for the 10 spot (ya Breazeales, Ruiz Jnrs etc) have done **** all recently.

It did feel a bit wrong though

Comment

Personally I’d have Fury no.1, Joshua 2, and Wilder 3.

I think now that Fury has proved he is pretty much back, we can start counting his Wlad win again. So his resume is now better (not deeper, but better) than Joshua’s.

I’ll take a great win and a really good win over a really good win and a bunch of decent ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          What's wrong with that? He's top 15 for sure, boxrec has him 11.
          Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          I have him 10.

All the guys he’s competing with for the 10 spot (ya Breazeales, Ruiz Jnrs etc) have done **** all recently.

It did feel a bit wrong though

He is definitely top 15. And i dont even just look at losses, but losing to that guy in Monaco and winning that Takam fight just makes me rank him in around the top 12. Breazeale had the Ugonoh and Molina win so i think he deserves a mention.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            He is definitely top 15. And i dont even just look at losses, but losing to that guy in Monaco and winning that Takam fight just makes me rank him in around the top 12. Breazeale had the Ugonoh and Molina win so i think he deserves a mention.
            I think Takam is a better win than Ugonoh, and it was more recent. I’ll take a proven guy like Takam, even if he has a bunch of losses vs top opposition, over an undefeated, and unproven, prospect.

It’s definitely not as crazy as it seems to bring Chisora back into the top 10

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              I think Takam is a better win than Ugonoh, and it was more recent. I’ll take a proven guy like Takam, even if he has a bunch of losses vs top opposition, over an undefeated, and unproven, prospect.

It’s definitely not as crazy as it seems to bring Chisora back into the top 10
              Thats fine.

Comment

I agree with Ring Magazine, Fury should target Joshua. He clearly beat Wilder in his own backyard and has nothing else to prove.

1) Fury
                2) Joshua
                3) Wilder

Also agree with Chisora being 10, he beat Dillian Whyte in a close fight and KO'd Takam.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Last week, this page mentioned that the Heavyweight battle of the giants, Fury-Wilder, may be fascinating. It was. “Let’s hope Fury lives up to his name,” we said. He did. He did more than that. His strategy, skill, courage, and remarkable recuperative powers gave the sport something special. In the twelfth round, Fury fought like BEOWULF after getting up from not one KO punch but two consecutive ones from the most destructive heavyweight today in Deontay Wilder.

But boxing, being boxing, has to throw a stink-bomb into the party. Fury-Wilder was no draw. Two of the judges got it wrong and the Board acknowledges what the world does -most of us strongly believe an injustice was done to Fury. We appreciate his graceful responses and his willingness to transition into an inspiring figure.

Isn’t it a wonder that boxing can’t even present a clear picture of the championship in its flagship division? We can. Fury was #8 and Wilder #2 when they fought to an official draw. The Board considered it a bad draw and ranked them accordingly. Fury is now #2 (though several members argued he should be #1) and Wilder is #3.

Boxing is unable and most of its power-brokers unwilling to point to one man and say “there’s the champion,” so we will. Right now there is none. But there should be one soon because Fury is now in position to once again seize the throne he abdicated a couple years ago. Whenever there is an open throne, the #1-contender must face the #2-contender to become the champion. There is no other way.

We advise the following

1. Fury should put off fighting Wilder again. He already beat him and most everyone on the planet knows it. Why take a risk that was already overcome? Wilder is #3. Beating him again brings nothing that is real.

2. So go higher. Beating Anthony Joshua, who’s in the top two with him, brings the divisional crown. Fury should challenge Joshua. Joshua should listen to Lennox Lewis and accept the challenge. Anything else is silly. The true historical crown is within reach of both. Be like Rocky III and go for it.

3. Wilder will wait in the wings to see what happens in Joshua-Fury. Those three giants can then set up a series of matches that can very well return boxing to its former glory. English Knight vs. Irish Traveller vs. American bomber —All contesting not eye-rolling belts but The Crown of Crowns in all of sports. ***

If you haven’t already, please take a moment to check out the updated MEMBERS TAB at the top of the page. Spread the word about who we are and what we’re doing on social media.

Included on the 50 members strong Transnational Boxing Rankings Board are professional journalists, editors, bloggers, archivists, authors, boxing historians and analysts, sports radio hosts, trainers, and ex-fighters; but first and foremost we’re serious boxing fans who love the sport.

None of us have compromising connections that would inhibit our mission to provide clean and authoritative weekly rankings and identify the true divisional champions in a sport that is in dire need of clarity and common sense.

We now represent 20 countries and a commonwealth on six continents:

1 Anthony Joshua
                  2 Tyson Fury
                  3 Deontay Wilder
                  4 Dillian Whyte
                  5 Luis Ortiz
                  6 Alexander Povetkin
                  7 Jarrell Miller
                  8 Dereck Chisora
                  9 Kubrat Pulev
                  10 Joseph Parker
                  I agree with their thoughts on Fury, but it's hard to take their ratings seriously when they have Ortiz at N05.

Based on what .. KO'ing one fringe contender 3 years ago and getting KTFO by Wilder?

Comment

Fury did no damage, got knocked down twice, and his face was severely marked up after the fight.

I had Fury ahead on my card heading into the 12th, he put on an incredible display of skill, but not sure he proved he is the better "fighter" when the fight ended in a draw and Fury was half a second away from being knocked out.
                    Truly one of, if not the most pathetic account here.

So, you don’t like boxing, you are a Fury fan but think Wilder won and come crying to his rescue when someone says anything about him or any PBC fan.

I used to think you were a paid shill but your not. Otherwise you’d have revealed your name. You are a fanboy and everyone knows it.

Comment

Fury got up and won the rest of the round your not a boxing fan you're a nuisance on here.

Comment

Working...
                      X