No announcement yet.

Wow Fighter of the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow Fighter of the Year

Can’t believe 2018 is almost over. As we get closer to 2019 let’s look at some of the candidates

Isaac Dogboe
    If he wins his fight in December he’d end 2018 with three successful title defenses. Already 3-0 for the year with 3 knockouts against stellar competition. It is rare to see a world champion the caliber of Isaac Dogboe fighting four times a year. Ending the year 4-0 against top competition would definitely be enough to throw his name in FOTY conversation. Under rated fighter.

Olesandr Usyk

Has a huge fight with Tony Bellew in November.
    Earlier this year Usyk became the undisputed cruiserweight world champion also winning World Boxing Super Series final. Already the front runner for FOTY, pulling off the win against Bellew would just be icing on the cake. Usyk is already eyeing a move to Heavyweight, it is no doubt that Mr. Usyk is chasing greatness.

Naoya Inoue
    Not many recognize him as one of the great fighters because not much attention is paid to the lower weight divisions. Naoya Inoue made his move to Bantamweight in 2018 after making 7 successful title defenses in a row at SFW and he had no problems putting the division on notice. He scored two first round knockouts in 2018 while winning and successfully defending his WBA bantamweight world title.

Honorable Mentions
    Mikey Garcia, Deontay Wilder, Callum Smith, Vasily Lomachenco

This list is just based on opinion. Who do you have as your FOTY candidates? Comment and Green K will be given out
    Isaac Dogboe
    14.29%
    Oleksandr Usyk
    78.57%
    Naoya Inoue
    7.14%
    Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 10-22-2018, 01:58 PM.

Fighter or Fight of the Year. Fight of the year so far has to be Canelo Golovkin rematch but that could all change if Fury and Wilder back up their words. I feel like the Usyk Bellew fight will be a great fight too.

Comment

wilder once he ices fury, if not then usyk, but nobody cares about CW so doubt hed get it

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
        wilder once he ices fury, if not then usyk, but nobody cares about CW so doubt hed get it
        Guarantee he does. There’s like 7 outlets that do FOTY now lmao

Comment

Can't think of three more deserving - assuming Lomachenko beats Pedraza by KO though, he will have probably outperformed Inoue unless the monster fights again (which is likely on one of the traditional Japanese end of year cards) and KOs someone else in the top 10.

Either way Dogboe and Usyk will have done better than both if they both win their final fights of the year - Dogboe in quantity and Usyk in quality.

Personally my vote would go with Usyk, but if you're looking for the guy that exceded expectations the most it has to be Dogboe - 10 months ago I hadn't even heard of the dude.

Comment

Usyk gets my vote

Comment

I vote Usyk, unification>all

Comment

Usyk if he beats Bellew.

Comment

Also guys remember Bellew will be Usyk 3rd fight this year, all on enemy soil. Respect for staying active, not many champions fight 3 times a year.

Comment

Usyk and it's not close in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X