Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was Impressed By Khans Subtle Improvements?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He needs to stop rushing in with his chin in the air

Comment

At what point do you just say he isn't as good as you thought or wanted him to be

Against anyone who can crack or time him he gets beat.

His ring IQ isn't good and won't improve.

Comment

Sorry but its the same old Khan for me. Fast hands, good movement, good combos. Unfortunately the same old sloppy defense marred with the same old glass jaw.

As usual Khan racks up points/rnds with his flashy combos and movement. Now this is enough to beat 80% of guys he faces. However as soon as he goes in with a puncher who also has good technical skills he gets stopped.

Hes been ko'd at every weight hes fought at now except 147, and to be honest I expect him to get ko'd again before he hangs up the gloves.

Now this isnt me slagging him off and saying hes crap, hes not. I just can't see him rectifying his flaws/bad habits anytime soon, no matter how much Hunter trains with him.

However if somehow by magic he can improve his defense and keep out the big bombs landing, he will most likely UD anyone he comes up against.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          At what point do you just say he isn't as good as you thought or wanted him to be

Against anyone who can crack or time him he gets beat.

His ring IQ isn't good and won't improve.
          His fans never will. The only boxer that I've seen get KTFO then praised for having improvements. Ffs he was sloppy once again and got KO'd. I will admit Canelo was a lot bigger than him but the replay shows him having both hands down and his chin wide open.

You guys drool over Khan even when he gets KTFO smdh

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
            His fans never will. The only boxer that I've seen get KTFO then praised for having improvements. Ffs he was sloppy once again and got KO'd. I will admit Canelo was a lot bigger than him but the replay shows him having both hands down and his chin wide open.

You guys drool over Khan even when he gets KTFO smdh
            It's bizarre. There must be some mental health term for this kind of behaviour.

Comment

Watching it live I thought so but upon rewatching it, he was equally as horrid as he's ever been. There is no meaning behind Khan's punches, he is like the complete opposite of Marquez in that sense.

Comment

I've been critical of Khan in the past & was impressed with how well he did. Again maybe his biggest problem (more than his chin) is getting to comfortable or losing focus & his chin getting touched. When he's careful & just working in there its hard not to be impressed with him.

Beautiful breakdown by Paulie. People love ****ting on him more than Khan I think, but for my money no one breaks down a fight better than he does in a very understandable & easily digestable way. He's like the Neil DeGrasse Tyson of boxing breakdowns.

Comment

well they were certainly too subtle to compensate for the huge flaws that he has always had and that virgil hasn't seemed to help at all

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                    The only boxer that I've seen get KTFO then praised for having improvements.
                    I can see what you're saying, but ultimately you & others are being results oriented (which granted are a huge part of boxing) & all you gotta be is 2nd best in anything to end up like Khan did.

I was actually trying to think of a guy who's overall performance I liked as much as Khan's Saturday, but who also got blasted like Khan did. I couldn't think of anyone. I don't know what kinda award that gets Khan from me, but it was an interesting thing to think about.

Comment

Khan landed a few right hands in that fight that nobody could match in terms of the distance it was threw at.

Timing Canelo from half a mile away.

His footwork 100% has improved under virgil

But it's a case of too little too late. Everything is working against Khan now. 147 still isn't his ideal weight...he is getting old nearly 30 now...he has to work extra hard to be in ideal physical condition to box well for 12 rounds (Alexander Collazo) - When he isn't motivated (Algieri) he looks like garbage.

He should fight 2 more times at 147 and retire. Gun for D.Garcia & Brook then get the hell out of the sport with his brain intact.

The biggest issue he faces with Virgil tactics against D.Garcia is avoiding them bodyshots. Canelo's bodyshots made him slowly fall apart - His composure was still fantastic but they really took his edge away. D.Garcia could easily do the same with slightly lesser effect...he knows how to counter to the body very well. It's actually probably D.Garcia's best trait..he'll take a jab or right hand to the head to land two big bodyshots.

Comment

Working...
                      X