Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd is not gonna fight Pac because it wouldnt make sense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd is not gonna fight Pac because it wouldnt make sense?

Everyone is harping on a mega fight between Floyd and Manny. It wont happen because Manny has a date with a puerto Rican nightmare in Miguel Cotto. Anyone who's watched these two for the past 3 or 4 years has seen Cotto mature into a seasoned vet. Not to say Pac hasnt improved but he like Floyd hasnt been pushed in a while. The new and improved Cotto has put his skills on display against fighters that werent exactly taylor made for him. Pac on the other hand has had all taylor made fights at 147. I had the privilige of watching his first battle with Eric Morales again and it was easy to see him slowly break. A WW war is much more damaging than a lightweight war and I dont think he can take that kind of pressure from Cotto. In the end I think Cotto wins buy TKO with Fred Roach standing on the ring apron waving the white flag. Mayweather-Cotto is the mega fight to gear up for in spring 2010. If you still have dreams of May vs Pac feel free to explain how it would happen. I dont hate Pac....ITs just the reality of it.
    There's only oooonnnnnnnne Mayweather.

I don't care about who wins between Pacquiao or Cotto. I'm rooting for Cotto but strongly believe Pacquiao is going to win. Whatever the option, be it Cotto or Pacquiao vs Mayweather ; still a great watch. Or Mayweather might opt to face Shane "No Legs, Past it" Mosely, either way...we'll get something good out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler
      Cotto or Arum/$ issues will ruin Pac-Mr boat buyer. Fight ain't happenin.
      If by some act of God he beats Cotto then I say the fight happens some how. My stance is that Pac will not beat Cotto there for the hype for a Pac Mayweather is gone.

Comment

if it make dollas it makes sense.it'll happen if manny and mayweather win their fights.

Comment

Cotto or Arum/$ issues will ruin Pac-Mr boat buyer. Fight ain't happenin.
          You've said Floyd - Cotto or Floyd - Shane ain't happenin, and now Floyd - Pacquiao

who does he face then, there are no Oscars or Hattons to make money against

He has a 5 fight deal and all the moneymakers are his biggest threats

Comment

Originally posted by Real OG View Post
            You've said Floyd - Cotto or Floyd - Shane ain't happenin, and now Floyd - Pacquiao

who does he face then, there are no Oscars or Hattons to make money against

He has a 5 fight deal and all the moneymakers are his biggest threats
            He faces no one. He came back specifically for Pac, but he wouldn't wait for Pac-Hatton to end. He decided to milk a payday wit JMM. Now Pac gotta get thru Cotto for the fight to happen. I don't think he will, and if he does, guess what? He's even bigger, and he's already the top guy in boxing. Arum will demand a bigger cut for Pac, which Mr boat buyer won't go for. He might crack and say 50-50, but Mr boat buyer won't take that either. So he's SOL. Cotto would be beaten and outta the picture, and wouldn't get the fight if he did beat Pac anyway. And even if SSM beats Clottey, da fuck makes you think Mr boat buyer will actually fight him? He's done after JMM.
            Last edited by MANGLER; 09-04-2009, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Mr boat buyer ain't fightin Cotto if he beats Pac. He ain't fightin SSM either. And like I said, Arum won't allow Pac to take any less than 50-50, which Mr boat buyer would refuse anyway. If he's really gettin $15 mil for JMM, he's retired for good after this fight.
              You're wrong, VERY. Do like Sin City, be man enough to bet with me, say 300K? 300K That after Marquez, Mayweather will face winner of Cotto vs Pacquiao or SSM. Come on now!

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano. View Post
                I don't care about who wins between Pacquiao or Cotto. I'm rooting for Cotto but strongly believe Pacquiao is going to win. Whatever the option, be it Cotto or Pacquiao vs Mayweather ; still a great watch. Or Mayweather might opt to face Shane "No Legs, Past it" Mosely, either way...we'll get something good out of it.
                See Mija thats my beef
                Im a floyd hater and if he fights
                pac-hes picking on a smaller guy
                Cotto-he is shot it should have happened in 07-08
                Mosley-Too old should have happened in 03

That is whyim going with a JMM win so win if pac wins or loses he will still fight JMM
                I want the trilogy

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  Everyone is harping on a mega fight between Floyd and Manny. It wont happen because Manny has a date with a puerto Rican nightmare in Miguel Cotto. Anyone who's watched these two for the past 3 or 4 years has seen Cotto mature into a seasoned vet. Not to say Pac hasnt improved but he like Floyd hasnt been pushed in a while. The new and improved Cotto has put his skills on display against fighters that werent exactly taylor made for him. Pac on the other hand has had all taylor made fights at 147. I had the privilige of watching his first battle with Eric Morales again and it was easy to see him slowly break. A WW war is much more damaging than a lightweight war and I dont think he can take that kind of pressure from Cotto. In the end I think Cotto wins buy TKO with Fred Roach standing on the ring apron waving the white flag. Mayweather-Cotto is the mega fight to gear up for in spring 2010. If you still have dreams of May vs Pac feel free to explain how it would happen. I dont hate Pac....ITs just the reality of it.
                  There's only oooonnnnnnnne Mayweather.
                  knowing floyd, he might go ahead and fight pac anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                    He faces no one. He came back specifically for Pac, but he wouldn't wait for Pac-Hatton to end. He decided to milk a payday wit JMM. Now Pac gotta get thru Cotto for the fight to happen. I don't think he will, and if he does, guess what? He's even bigger, and he's already the top guy in boxing. Arum will demand a bigger cut for Pac, which Mr boat buyer won't go for. He might cracck and say 50-50, but Mr boat buyer won't take that either. So he's SOL. Cotto would be beaten and outta the picture, and wouldn't get the fight if he did beat Pac anyway. And even if SSM beats Clottey, da fuck makes you think Mr boat buyer will actually fight him? He's done after JMM.
                    True!
                    this is the longest post Ive seen from you mang.

Comment

Working...
                    X