Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder says showtime commentary was bias.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    He says especially Paulie. He says you can see a better view of the fight if you mute the tv. lol

@7:38

Fun fact, if you mute the tv and then put a blindfold on you can almost convince yourself Wilder didn't lose the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      I’ll agree with that especially Paulie

Paulie was riding Fury’s nuts real hard during the fight

Probably because Fury’s the boxer and Paulie can relate

But watching the fight , It’s the first time in awhile I’ve watched a Showtime fight and thought they weren’t giving a balanced opinion of what was happening
      Paulie is probably the least biased pundit in the game

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
        Paulie is probably the least biased pundit in the game
        I agree

Paulie is usually great at his job

But in this fight I thought he was being biased towards Fury , You can disagree that’s fine

I’m not saying Fury didn’t outbox Wilder and wasn’t on his way to a clear decision before the KDs ( which was to be expected) but I just think there was biased commentary in the fight ( I’m a fan of both Wilder / Fury ) so didn’t really care who won

But the commentary was making the fight seem like it was a repeat of Ortiz / Kauffman as far as it being a complete shutout and for me that wasn’t the case.

Comment

I agree

Paulie is usually great at his job

But in this fight I thought he was being biased towards Fury , You can disagree that’s fine

I’m not saying Fury didn’t outbox Wilder and wasn’t on his way to a clear decision before the KDs ( which was to be expected) but I just think there was biased commentary in the fight ( I’m a fan of both Wilder / Fury ) so didn’t really care who won

But the commentary was making the fight seem like it was a repeat of Ortiz / Kauffman as far as it being a complete shutout and for me that wasn’t the case.
          Agree with this ^
          I was at the fight so didn't get to hear the commentary until recently .
          But yeah . I like Paulie Alit as a commentator . But he does have a habit of Sometimes siding with the Boxer rather than the Puncher .

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
            Agree with this ^
            I was at the fight so didn't get to hear the commentary until recently .
            But yeah . I like Paulie Alit as a commentator . But he does have a habit of Sometimes siding with the Boxer rather than the Puncher .
            Just out of curiosity

For someone that was at the fight , How did you see it , did you think there was a clear winner after or do you think it was the right decision being a draw

Comment

I didn't listen to the commentary so can't judge, I know Paulie M thought Fury won the fight, so that probably hurts Wilder's ego a bit. So obviously he would accuse anyone that doesn't see it his way. Thank God people like Paulie M and Kelly Pavlik aren't black, they would have been called worse than "Bias"

Comment

Any reason to dislike Wilder more and more is a good thing, he's finally getting exposed like I wish he would. Not a good representation of a boxing champion I'm completely satisfied even if he defeated Fury next which he wont.

Comment

Just out of curiosity

For someone that was at the fight , How did you see it , did you think there was a clear winner after or do you think it was the right decision being a draw
                  I saw Wilder win a couple of the early rounds on aggression . But it felt like the KD's definitely salvaged the fight for him . I was sitting near a big group of U.K guys ( who were pretty cool ) and they didn't seem too upset with the Decision.

Comment

The commentary was biased. After five rounds, I knew people would view the decision as controversial because Showtime was pushing the narrative that Fury had won every round to that point. There were several swing rounds.

Comment

Because everyone on the planet instantly agrees with anything Paulie Malignaggi says.

Comment

Working...
                      X