Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Joe Joyce the fastest heavyweight alive today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Joe Joyce the fastest heavyweight alive today?

**** me, watching that guy is like watching Carl Froch with his leg stuck in a bear trap, wading through treacle.

And yet he's clearly got pop as he scores KOs. They ought to change the saying from "it's the punches you don't see coming" to "it's the punches you CAN see coming, and it takes half an hour before it lands."

For a mnute I thought the picture had frozen. This guy is SLOW. I mean, a sloth would watch a Joe Joyce bout and call him a cunt, that's how bad he is.

I can't think, off the top of my head, of a boxer I've seen that's slower. In his last bout he actually grew a beard in the middle of throwing a jab.

What you gotta say about this daft cunt?

-Kev- Beercules ShoulderRoll

Very slow indeed but seems to be working for him.

Olympic silver medalist, arguably won the final and has won all his pro fights by knockout so far.

It's actually strange how slow he is when you see how athletic he is, doing all this capoeira stuff.

Comment

I have to watch this fight. Everyone who did has made it a point to comment on how slow Joyce is.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        **** me, watching that guy is like watching Carl Froch with his leg stuck in a bear trap, wading through treacle.

And yet he's clearly got pop as he scores KOs. They ought to change the saying from "it's the punches you don't see coming" to "it's the punches you CAN see coming, and it takes half an hour before it lands."

For a mnute I thought the picture had frozen. This guy is SLOW. I mean, a sloth would watch a Joe Joyce bout and call him a cunt, that's how bad he is.

I can't think, off the top of my head, of a boxer I've seen that's slower. In his last bout he actually grew a beard in the middle of throwing a jab.

What you gotta say about this daft cunt?

-Kev- Beercules ShoulderRoll
        He is very slow and also a bit raw esp when you consider his long AM career.I always root for prospects to turn out we need as many top fighters we can get esp at heavy because it brings in the casuals.Now dealing with the casuals can be a pain in the azz esp when they think they know something, but our sport needs them if we ever want to get boxing even close to what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I have to watch this fight. Everyone who did has made it a point to comment on how slow Joyce is.
          Not just slow but also kinda raw which is weird when you consider his very good AM career.

Comment

Its like his punches are so slow you forget about them, its like he throws a right straight and you see it coming, see it coming, its still coming, oh he's throwing a left hook now better dodge this hook, dodged it, gotta dodge that right hook that's coming, dodged that one too, watch out for that left upper, okay now I'm gonna come back with my own counter and BAM you get hit by Joyce's straight that was thrown 20 seconds earlier.

Comment

I havent seen it lad, but " off the top of my head, of a boxer I've seen that's slower. In his last bout he actually grew a beard in the middle of throwing a jab "

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                Very slow indeed but seems to be working for him.

Olympic silver medalist, arguably won the final and has won all his pro fights by knockout so far.

It's actually strange how slow he is when you see how athletic he is, doing all this capoeira stuff.
                Yeah, when I saw that I was like "wtf???"

Did you see his weird "not an am fight, but not on his pro record either, so WTF?" bout with Usyk?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  If you switch on the TV now you can still see him throwing some punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    I havent seen it lad, but " off the top of my head, of a boxer I've seen that's slower. In his last bout he actually grew a beard in the middle of throwing a jab "
                    Seriously, lad, you gotta see this Green Teef. He makes a dead body look like Speedy Gonzales.

Comment

Working...
                    X