Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Voted Worlds Most Competitive Economy This Year, Last Time This Happened Was 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If our economy is so great, why is our life expectancy ranked 40-something?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      Trump took the first year to undo a lot of the regulations Obama enacted to stunt the economy, he also passed his tax cuts toward the end of his first year. Reagan's first two years were also down because he spent most of them fixing the mess Carter created, and then the economy sky rocketed.

Trumps economy is better than Obama's, because consumer confidence is much higher, the amount of quality high paying jobs being created are also much higher, there are now 8 times more quality paying manufacturing jobs under Trump than under Obama, the stock market rose more in Trumps first two years than Obama's 8, and this is all happening with rising interest rates from the Fed.
      How can that be?

Obama said Trump would need a "magic wand" to bring those jobs back.

Lmfao!!!!

You D superfans are even more "stupid" than your party says you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Um, no.

First off, we arent at record levels of food stamps like we were under Obama.

Second, we have record low unemployment for blacks and Hispanics.

Third, we have record numbers of job openings.

And that's not even counting GDP.
        Speaking of GDP, if we count only quarterly number like the Big Dunning-Kruger wants, then Reagan is the big winner, as he saw a 9.4% quarter growth, a number not seen since the 1960s and a number not surpassed since.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth
        Food stamp numbers have been declining for 5 years and while there is plenty of good news, deficits continue to climb. The tariffs on steel aren't helping matters, they have significantly increased costs to do business in industries that rely on steel heavily. Almost every vendor we do business with(I'm in the crane industry) has added a 10-15% tariff fee. That is a giant dick on the forehead that we have had to pass on to our customers. Then you have the housing numbers report that dropped yesterday that shows new housing is weak.

So no it isn't all rainbows and unicorn farts under Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Dontae She'marc View Post
          Man, I remember having a party in Grade 5 and I got a gift card for a music store (that also happened to sell DVDs). I bought Death Warrant with my older brother, loved The Quest, Cyborg, Universal Soldier.

Then there's Rambo First Blood, Terminator, Predator, Escape From New York, oh man so much goodness. I was a big Jackie Chan fan and Seagal fan too, still am. Drunken Master was the chit!
          Oh yes. The new generation is missing out on so much!

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
            Food stamp numbers have been declining for 5 years and while there is plenty of good news, deficits continue to climb.
            First, you glossed over the fact food stamps reached record levels under Obama. Of course it went down after that. It had nowhere else to go!!

Second, deficits are climbing over spending, just like they always do.

No matter how much revenuen we get, politicians always spend it all and borrow more.

As to tariffs, give them time. As to who is hurting, take a look at China's economy since they were implemented.

Then you have the housing numbers report that dropped yesterday that shows new housing is weak.
            Ok, so why is that? You tell me....

Oh, the housing market is not weak whatsoever. I'm assuming you arent a homeowner, or your notice the value of your home going up and up like mine is.

So no it isn't all rainbows and unicorn farts under Trump.
            No one said it was, but its hell of alot better than it was under Obama.

Of course <2% GDP growth ain't too tough to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Wasn't 2008 also when we had our last recession? Doesn't sounds like a good sign.
              We're headed for a massive recession because of Trumps tax cuts for the rich and massive deregulation. This is a boom and bust cycle. Only a complete fool would argue Trumps tax plan was a good thing.

Comment

you must be incredibly dense if you think '08, a recession year with a housing crisis and the scariest economic time of my lifetime, is something to brag about.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                  We're headed for a massive recession because of Trumps tax cuts for the rich and massive deregulation. This is a boom and bust cycle. Only a complete fool would argue Trumps tax plan was a good thing.
                  Please explain how tax cuts can cause a recession.

I'm dying to hear this one.....

Comment

Only a complete fool would argue Trumps tax plan was a good thing.
                    Btw, what effect on your taxes did the Trump tax cuts have?

Since everyone paying Income Taxes got a tax cut, surely your taxes went down. Assuming you hold a job that pays you over the Poverty Line, of course.

So tell us how the Trump tax cuts affected your tax bill.

Comment

No one, and I mean absolutely no one is predicting a massive recession, not even hardcore lefty liberal economists. So pardon my french, but your talking out you ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X