No announcement yet.

Say What Ever You Will About James Toney The Man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
    You're mentally ill and making things up. All I said was Toney was a throwback to the old school fighters from 70 years before his time.
    I've noticed for a while that this forum has a much higher than average amount of members that are legitimately mentally ill. This place just attracts creeps for some reason.
    And I'm the one who gets warnings for flaming...

Please explain the throwback comment?
    You think Toney is like a fighter from 1918???

Do i really need to explain what is wrong with this???

Comment

I've noticed for a while that this forum has a much higher than average amount of members that are legitimately mentally ill. This place just attracts creeps for some reason.
      It's because they can annonymously post anything just to incite without ever having been in the ring themselves. Comical and sad at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        It's because they can annonymously post anything just to incite without ever having been in the ring themselves. Comical and sad at the same time.
        I think you guys are being paranoid and frightened...

Be objective and stop living in a bubble.
        What I mean by that. Imagine for just a moment people ACTUALLY have a different opinion to you without ulterior motives.

Can you really not see why some would be HIGHLY critical Of A guy like James Toney?

Seriously?

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        without ever having been in the ring themselves.
        I have actually.
        Undefeated Am and Pro. (I only had 3 fights of each doe lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Archie_Leach View Post
          And I'm the one who gets warnings for flaming...

Please explain the throwback comment?
          You think Toney is like a fighter from 1918???

Do i really need to explain what is wrong with this???
          You have no appreciation or understanding of the sport.

Troll.

Comment

Whoever Alt's Archie is, whilst I agree is definitely a strange fella, he does have a point.

You can't be critical of an internet darling like James Toney without being accused of having an ulterior motive.

You can make points such as the fact he was clearly beaten by Dave Tiberi in his prime and before a single excuse is rapidly provided you are accused of being biased. Biased for stating facts?

Comment

--- Great vid of larry merchant interviewing Two Ton who was still skinny.

Lar asks, "What's next on your agenda?"

Toney explodes, "Burger King, Burger King baby," as he bounces up and down like a crazed loon, almost knocking Lar over...Toney comedy hour priceless...

Comment

Toney was the last fighter, imo, who was a clear throwback to the old school days of boxing. As if he had been time traveled 70 years to the future.
                Bingo! On point. I think Toney going from MW to HW and winning championship fights against stellar competition at times does make him one of the greats. His overall record wasn't great, but he surprised me many times ... and his fights were always good .... win or lose .... whether he shined or the other guy did
                Last edited by MastaBlasta; 06-11-2018, 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling 2xs

Comment

[QUOTE=IronDanHamza;18841308]
                  Originally posted by Bundana View Post

Certainly. First ballot Hall Of Famer for sure.

But not an ATG.
                  Agreed

Comment

You have no appreciation or understanding of the sport.

Troll.
                    Please answer the question.

Please excuse me if i am being ignorant, but how exactly
                    is James Toney like a fighter from 1918??

You know those guys made weight on the day right?
                    And Steroids weren't even a thing.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Whoever Alt's Archie is, whilst I agree is definitely a strange fella, he does have a point.

You can't be critical of an internet darling like James Toney without being accused of having an ulterior motive.

You can make points such as the fact he was clearly beaten by Dave Tiberi in his prime and before a single excuse is rapidly provided you are accused of being biased. Biased for stating facts?
                    If it was just Tiberi that would be one thing....

Their is like a dozen names throughout Toneys career
                    that he robbed or just straight up lost to.

Fighters usually get slaughtered on here for being drug cheaters. But everyone ignores it when it's Toney.....

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
                      Bingo! On point. I think Toney going from MW to HW and winning championship fights against stellar competition at times does make him one of the greats. His overall record wasn't great, but he surprised me many times ... and his fights were always good .... win or lose .... whether he shined or the other guy did
                      I think saying "going from MW to HW winning Championship fights" is extremely misleading considering he didn't win a title at LHW or HW.

Only won the Lineal at MW. In a fight he got schooled in for large portions and was way behind on the cards.

Comment

Working...
                      X