No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Says No Pay-Per-View on His New Platform

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPV is on the way out.

Think of it this way, do you pay $10 to buy a movie on Amazon, or do you pay $20 to watch a lot of movies, including the same one that would have cost $10 alone?

Netflix was very basic when it started, now it produces its own content. Streaming services are here to stay and will continue to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
      Now that i understand how this deal works i have to say that i cant see it not working. someone stop me and correct me if im wrong.. all the big named fighters went and signed with haymon because why? haymon had all the money about half a billion dollars am i right with that? he was paying his fighters crazy money to fight..as some say on here that money has ran out and we are getting huge names that were fighting once a year or twice.

Fast forward to today... Now hearn has a billion dollars over 8 years to play with and sign fighters.. he is the new man on the block with all the money so i would think that all the fighters who hearn wants to sign will have a tough time telling him no when he will be offering them even more than haymon did.

since hearn doesnt buy air time with a network and has a platform with dazn his money will not run out.

This means if the too fighters want to get paid the most money they will sign with hearn now and like it or not hearn will now be putting on the best fights. If your a fight fan and want to see the best fights why wouldnt u pay $10-$20 per month? ur paying $10 per month for hbo now and we are getting such grbage fights not to mention with hearns deal there is no $60-$100 ppv fights, u get then for the price your paying..

imagine having al haymons stable of fighters with 16 full cards per year!! now the best guys can fight basically as much as they want to.

fellas this is absolutely great for all of us fight fans!! we should absolutely be rooting for hearn to sign as many big named fighters as possible and then EVERYONE

now heres where it gets tricky... say the fertitas take zuffa boxing seriously, being the billionaires they are, they can basically sign all the fighters hearn is going after.. zuffa can really fk this entire deal for hearn up!
      Showtime/CBS is basically delivering 20 shows a year, plus another 12-15 ShoBox cards a year, and PBC is still on track for their 4 FOX dates this year, with another dozen or show cards for FS1, and the 4 BounceTV shows.

Haymon's well hasn't run dry, and it's not like he's hurting for money or opportunity at this point (especially if the FOX/FS1 deal does happen).

Eddie Hearn is coming to the table with his own money, but a platform with near no reach at this point.

Finding talent to jump to the new platform is going to be tough

Comment

So this is like Boxnation?

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
          These Haymon boys may as well be in a cult. I’d be very surprised if anyone leaves him. I remember when quillen threatened to retire if anything happened to Haymon.
          Haymon set it up that Paul Williams was getting paid and putting his money away in assets (property is pretty straightforward), so much so that Williams was alright when his accident happened; he's not Floyd or anything, but he's basically working his properties and is doing fine.

His family rightfully wants more to be done, but Al Haymon is basically paying for the care for Pritchard Colon without much being said about it in the press, easing at least that one burden.

Beyond that, Andre Dirrell was signed to Haymon, saw an opportunity that he felt was better for him, Haymon let him out of their deal without any apparent hassle, Dirrell eventually came back, and no issue was made of it.

With all the stories that get told about boxing, if you're a fighter who comes across a stand-up guy who not only gets you the good deal, but also puts it in your heart to make sure that your future is set before going nuts, why imagine going anywhere else?

Vanes Martirosyan, after sitting at home for two years, got the call on week's notice to fight Golovkin, in a division he'd never really fought in, for just over $200k (where Don King gets his piece wasn't made clear), and got bludgeoned in 2 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
            PPV is on the way out.

Think of it this way, do you pay $10 to buy a movie on Amazon, or do you pay $20 to watch a lot of movies, including the same one that would have cost $10 alone?

Netflix was very basic when it started, now it produces its own content. Streaming services are here to stay and will continue to grow.
            For all the love that Netflix gets, Avengers: Infinity War still drew over $1b in it's first week, with countless people, heading to theaters and paying their $10-$15 for a ticket.

PPV is an experience; calling up your family and friends with a real reason to catch the truly PPV worthy fights isn't going to ever change.

Wilder vs Joshua, for the undisputed heavyweight championship is going to be PPV, will likely go for $60/$70, and the fight parties won't care, because you'll have the reason to host the gathering that brings everyone together.

PPV should be rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              So this is like Boxnation?
              I've seen this repeated about five times across various threads now. Where are people getting this from? Boxnation is a cable TV based subscription boxing channel. DAZN is an OTT sports streaming network. They couldn't be more different.

Comment

I just dont see the difference between this and finding a stream online which now a days is as easy as turning on the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                  I just dont see the difference between this and finding a stream online which now a days is as easy as turning on the TV.
                  That's the case regardless of whether the paywall is a streaming service or a traditional TV platform; nothing changes there.

Every single show and movie on Netflix could be found and streamed illegally in seconds, yet 120 million people still pay for it every month.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                    Eddie Hearn is not getting any of the top level PBC guys.
                    He is getting all of them.

Comment

This has potential

Comment

Working...
                      X