Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name the Fighter That Beat Your Hero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"KTFO 6" hurt like hell !!! When it happened, my initial thought was Manny had just slipped or something. Then I watched the replay and guess what? It hurt me even more. Couldn't even go to sleep hours after that.

Comment

Buster Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Kenny Rainford
        MIKE D!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear from you, bruh!!!

Yeah, **** KR, old English b1tch!

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
          Pacquiao knocked out Morales.
          I was definitely crushed that night.

I didn't like Pac at the time anyway and for the great El Terrible to get stopped...earth shattering.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

I couldn't believe what I was watching when that happened. Picked Toney all the way.

Comment

Big Pacquiao fan but I had $100 on Marquez by decision in the fourth fight. That one pissed me off.

I’m from Minnesota so Jason Litzau was my people and watching him get sparked by Broner was hard.

I don’t think any fight hurt as much as Martinez vs Cotto though. Just sad to watch Martinez be such a shell of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by BombSquad View Post
                When Maidana managed to boss around Floyd Mayweather, that was a C rated fighter schooling the master of defensive fighters with sheer ease, pretty humiliating for Floyd Mayweather I assume he knew he lost its the only reason he rematched Maidana.
                Maidana is not a C rated fighter. Adrien Broner would probably be C rated but not Maidana. His fighting style may be crude but there is a method to his madness. The guy can punch and is quicker than you would think upon first glance. Also Floyd was pushing 40 at the time and Maidana was in his prime, hardly embarrassing to have a close fight under those circumstances.

Comment

When Kostya lost to Vince Phillips. I was sure he was invincible and for a while I thought depression would retire him. Fortunately he was able to come back and continue on with great things...and yes I know he avoided the rematch...but man that was a devastating night for Australian boxing. Almost as bad as when Fenech got robbed in Nelson 1. Shane Moseley taking a dive against Anthony Mundine was super painful to watch. My only other real boxing "hero" was destroyed by a couple of IG's and a soup ladle. Why man... just why?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                    One of my heroes in the boxing world growing up was Roberto Duran.

Thomas Hearns crushed him.

That was a tough one.

What fighter crushed a fighter you admired?
                    Vernon Forrest

Comment

Only one that I felt absolutely gutted about. Barrera beating Prince Naseem Hamed. Barrera won fair and square, but a large chunk of fun and entertainment left the sport after Prince retired.

People hate Berbick and Holmes for supposedly "humiliating" Ali, but I don't even consider them wins over Ali. There's fights where an aged, past his prime fighter can still be considered a win, but Ali wasn't even that in those fights. He was already ill and the onset of Parkinson's was apparent - it was a travesty that he was allowed to fight. It was disgusting and a black mark on boxing's history.

Comment

Working...
                      X