No announcement yet.

I have no wrestling background and I beat a few wrestlers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no wrestling background and I beat a few wrestlers

One of them was competing in high school for a few years and the other one was competing for his university team, and I had no problem with them in a sense that they did try to take me down but they got stuffed every time and I took their backs.

I really don't know what to make of this as I thought I was going to get pinned or thrown around easily. Even during drills where I was in the bottom position (I believe that's what it is called and it was really hard for them to move me).

We were roughly the same size.

So I am not sure what gives. I know I am strong but like I said, I don't know what to make out of this, I thought I'd get rag dolled.

Anybody has had a similar experience or has a take on this?

Highly believable, empirical evidence you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
      Highly believable, empirical evidence you posted.
      Right, I wouldn't have believed it myself either

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        Right, I wouldn't have believed it myself either
        Nothing personal or anything, not saying you're straight up lying. Any chance you're a decent amount bigger then the dudes who tried to take you down? Genuinely curious.

Comment

Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
          Nothing personal or anything, not saying you're straight up lying. Any chance you're a decent amount bigger then the dudes who tried to take you down? Genuinely curious.
          I used to box and I used to be a trainer as well. So in wrestling the trainer was explaining the stance and I picked it up really quick, meaning bent knees, back hunched over, elbows close to the body and just my space awareness from boxing. It was hard for them to get a hold on me I think mostly because of my stance and then when we would finish practice, walking forward and backward in a low stance the trainer was teasing them how it was my 2nd class and I was outlasting everybody in that particular exercise. Also, just cause you have competed in high school or are competing with your University doesn't mean you're that good. For all I know they might have lost all their matches.

The university kid was 62 kilos, I was 68, the other guy was 75 kilos.
          Last edited by pesticid; 09-05-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            I used to box and I used to be a trainer as well. So in wrestling the trainer was explaining the stance and I picked it up really quick, meaning bent knees, back hunched over, elbows close to the body and just my space awareness from boxing. It was hard for them to get a hold on me I think mostly because of my stance and then when we would finish practice, walking forward and backward in a low stance the trainer was teasing them how it was my 2nd class and I was outlasting everybody in that particular exercise. Also, just cause you have competed in high school or are competing with your University doesn't mean you're that good. For all I know they might have lost all their matches.

The university kid was 62 kilos, I was 68, the other guy was 75 kilos.
            Respect man.

Comment

Explanation? I guess it would be strength, a good base and some natural talent.

Comment

I have no mouth and I must scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  I have no mouth and I must scream.
                  I gave an explanation. I think just the level of wrestling where I am from is not very good and maybe some strength and natural talent on my part.

I'll go to Cuba in a half a year and I plan to learn wrestling from 0 as I really like the sport and Cuban wrestlers are some of the best in the world.

Comment

Yeah, that's fine, relax dude. That's the title of a classic Harlan Ellison sci-fi short story I remember having to read for a college class and your thread title just reminded me of that title. Here's a summary of it if you're interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Have..._I_Must_Scream

Comment

Working...
                    X