No announcement yet.

I'm really loving how Spence vs Garcia is coming together

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High quality post.

I too salute both dudes. This will NOT be a lame fight.

I almost have to root for Garcia just because he’s way smaller. But I like both guys.

That said, I want to see Spence v. Crawford or Thurman. And why not Loma v. Garcia?

Comment

Props to FOX! Great Promotion for this fight already with this Commercial....

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
        I disagree, Garcia Spence is a bigger fight. This has particular Texas marketing, which is a state saturated with blacks and messicans, so it’s a healthy rivalry.

If Garcia Spence did 650k average as you said, well then Garcia’s numbers automatically double or triple with this fight since it has Texas based promotion. With Mikey walking around with that cowboy hat in commercials, and the whole lone star state having tweets from Dallas Cowboys fans cheering for Spence also triples Spence numbers.

I predict this fight has more noise than Canelo Smith, easily. Then we’ve got Californian fans interested in this new PPV Fox showing.

I’m thinking this fight produces 550k PPV.
        650k average was their SHO viewership. What does Mikey fighting in Texas have anything to do with the numbers he does on SHO? In fact, wasn't the Lipinets fight in SA?

What I said is neither Mikey nor Spence are as popular as Wilder, and that is true. Wilder is on another level and the numbers back that up. Could Spence/Garcia do better numbers? Sure, I guess it is possible. But neither have proven to be bigger names than Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

Great fughin ad
          I saw it today while watching the Daytona 500
          The casuals I was with asked me about it and were quite taken by the ad
          1 the presentation , very professional
          2 the fact it was on Fox while the race ( must be huge for them to advertise on NASCAR was said )

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            650k average was their SHO viewership. What does Mikey fighting in Texas have anything to do with the numbers he does on SHO? In fact, wasn't the Lipinets fight in SA?

What I said is neither Mikey nor Spence are as popular as Wilder, and that is true. Wilder is on another level and the numbers back that up. Could Spence/Garcia do better numbers? Sure, I guess it is possible. But neither have proven to be bigger names than Wilder.
            You’re not listening. Just like styles make fights, matchups make PPV. You can’t say Wilder was doing 1mill plus in a general viewership but then does 300K PPV.

You’re also not adding into the equation that this fight is in Texas. Canelo proved his viewership with Smith in Texas. Smith who? Lipinets who? Those combinations are not Spence who has been groomed for a year with Texas saturation for a fight like this.

Wilder USA vs Fury UK was because of both fighters, not just Wilder.

Mikey Garcia will bring 300k to his name and Spence 300k to his name. Texas is a huge state and so is California. General viewership vs PPV needs specific detail with matchup and its location. For instance, for the 200k people in Texas who want to go the event but eventually can’t and would rather watch at home. 200k from Cali? 200k rest of USA buys. I’m just guessing the probability, but it will do better than Wilder Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              They had a good intention for the ad, but I think it's too short and not too visually compelling to excite. They could do better with 10 seconds more.

Comment

You’re not listening. Just like styles make fights, matchups make PPV. You can’t say Wilder was doing 1mill plus in a general viewership but then does 300K PPV.

You’re also not adding into the equation that this fight is in Texas. Canelo proved his viewership with Smith in Texas. Smith who? Lipinets who? Those combinations are not Spence who has been groomed for a year with Texas saturation for a fight like this.

Wilder USA vs Fury UK was because of both fighters, not just Wilder.

Mikey Garcia will bring 300k to his name and Spence 300k to his name. Texas is a huge state and so is California. General viewership vs PPV needs specific detail with matchup and its location. For instance, for the 200k people in Texas who want to go the event but eventually can’t and would rather watch at home. 200k from Cali? 200k rest of USA buys. I’m just guessing the probability, but it will do better than Wilder Fury.
                I honestly think you're either confused or not understanding what I was saying. I'm not talking about if Spence/Garcia out does Wilder/Fury, but I'm saying it is false to say Spence and Garcia are bigger names than Wilder. That's just not true.

What do you mean fighting in Texas against Smith added viewership numbers? I'm not talking attendance numbers. And that PPV did Wilder vs Fury type of numbers. So not sure what you meant there.

I can guarandamntee you that Spence/Wilder goes not do 600k buys lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  I honestly think you're either confused or not understanding what I was saying. I'm not talking about if Spence/Garcia out does Wilder/Fury, but I'm saying it is false to say Spence and Garcia are bigger names than Wilder. That's just not true.

What do you mean fighting in Texas against Smith added viewership numbers? I'm not talking attendance numbers. And that PPV did Wilder vs Fury type of numbers. So not sure what you meant there.

I can guarandamntee you that Spence/Wilder goes not do 600k buys lol.
                  Where do you think the Canelo buys of 300K for Smith came from? Which state? This is Garcia’s first PPV. I am sure Garcia is being talked about a lot from Spanish based sports channels regarding the odds, so you think some of the buyers from Canelo Smith are not general Mexicans whom might also be interested in the Spence fight? This is Spence’s first PPV. Let’s assume the Lone Star state is doing most of the magic with families eager to watch the Texan, just This state alone. How many families? I say at least 150K. So add nationwide sales, same fans that bought Wilder, add Mikey’s following from Canelo Smith theory, like I said, 550K PPV.

Comment

Where do you think the Canelo buys of 300K for Smith came from? Which state? This is Garcia’s first PPV. I am sure Garcia is being talked about a lot from Spanish based sports channels regarding the odds, so you think some of the buyers from Canelo Smith are not general Mexicans whom might also be interested in the Spence fight? This is Spence’s first PPV. Let’s assume the Lone Star state is doing most of the magic with families eager to watch the Texan, just This state alone. How many families? I say at least 150K. So add nationwide sales, same fans that bought Wilder, add Mikey’s following from Canelo Smith theory, like I said, 550K PPV.
                    Dude what the hell are you talking about? The 300k buys for Canelo/Smith didn't come from Texas nor did it impact the buy rate. Could have been in Vegas or NY, and it does around the same numbers.

Again, Spence/Garcia may do better numbers than Wilder/Fury, but it doesn't mean either of those two are bigger names than Wilder. That was literally the debate. And I'm going to leave it here. No need to continue this any longer.

Comment

They’re all about the same level of popularity. And if not, who cares? Ali they ain’t.

But they’re all major powers at their weights, and have more great fights ahead of them than behind.

Comment

Working...
                      X