No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rob Brant: I'd Love a Fight With Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnderMainPPV View Post
    Yeah, I'd be surprised if he lasted 5 rounds with Alvarez.

I would like to see him against Demetrius Andrade though. Brant's high volume style might put Andrade under some pressure and force Andrade to punch more. I don't think he would beat Andrade but I would like to see Andrade put in a position where he has to be aggressive and let the combinations fly frequently. Every time I've seen Andrade he's been all too happy to coast to victory with his jab, defense, length, and athleticism.
    Damn how much more do you want him to punch? I don't even have to look at the stats to tell you Andrade is in the top 5 in punch output from 154-160.

I haven't watched Brant at 160 but if they fought
    I hope he can keep some of that same style cause a lot of Andrade opponents get gun shy after about 2 rounds.

Comment

Horn should stay at 154 but obviously he is finding it hard to get a decent match so who knows? It would be a great fight to watch though, both going forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
        Damn how much more do you want him to punch? I don't even have to look at the stats to tell you Andrade is in the top 5 in punch output from 154-160.

I haven't watched Brant at 160 but if they fought
        I hope he can keep some of that same style cause a lot of Andrade opponents get gun shy after about 2 rounds.
        I was wondering the same thing like where this guy get his stats from coz Andrade throws a heck of a lot of punches man

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Canelo would kick his ass.
          It will be an in between fight he will get his wish

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            Sounds ridiculous. But then again, a year ago who would've thought that some guy named Rocky fielding would land a Canelo fight?
            that was a tune up fight, we dont want more tune ups, jacobs then ggg next, booboo-saunders winner next year for all the marbles... bookmark this..

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
              Assuming Canelo beats Jacobs it’s a decent enough option for him.
              not really, canelo will get a lot of ****t for a fight like this ..

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                that was a tune up fight, we dont want more tune ups, jacobs then ggg next, booboo-saunders winner next year for all the marbles... bookmark this..
                with as many fights as canelo has on his DAZN contract, the best bet is you'd see a tune up after every big fight. Assuming he beats jacobs (which is no guarantee) I'd anticipate a light touch in September. Although you're right, a 37 yr old ggg may be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  Reporter - ''Say, you're a fighter. How would you like to fight the champ and current ppv king ?''
                  Boxer - ''No thanks. I'm not in the prize fighting business to fight champs and make a ton of money....''
                  Why's it so hard for people to understand this?

Comment

Originally posted by I HATE View Post
                    Why's it so hard for people to understand this?
                    Boggles my brain cells and I only have a few remaining.....

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Well what is the kid supposed to say no I don't want to fight Canelo? Everyone within 2 weight classes of Canelo wants that Fight. Hes the biggest payday in the sport. Now he has no shot of getting the fight he is hands down the worst belt holder not only at 160 bit one of the worst in any division. He holds a secondary belt yet is only ranked number the 9 best middleweight on ESPN'S own website and he is a ESPN fighter lol
                      good post..

Comment

Working...
                      X