No announcement yet.

Switch is the GOAT console. IDGAF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m8rix View Post
    my buddy has the switch and we gave it a go one night. there was this unreal animated type of boxing game and no way relates to real boxing, but it was the most exciting game we played that night
    ARMS?

I don't have it but it looks fun.

Switch has so much potential.

Comment

I really want one. I don't know anyone who has it

It can do all the normal crap right? Netflix, HBO etc?

I'm lost in the video game world. I play FIFA sometimes and use my PS4 to watch Netflix. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        They can play older gen but they can't play the current Gen games like Fallout 4, Witcher 3 , Destiny 1 & 2, COD, Battlefield, GTA, Assassin's Creed etc...

the Switch can't run this game

I'm probably getting one eventually to play Zelda but the switch is a kiddie console
        It can run Doom, which isn't far off performance wise from everything you just listed.

I'll give you FPS's, which would be hard to play competitively anyway because of unreliable connections on the go, but I think they could port games like Witcher and Assassin's Creed (Sony IP by the way) with some adjustments on the Switch version.

Of course it isn't literally state of the art performance wise, but if we want to get picky, neither are PS4 and Xbox because PC can yield a higher framerate, among other things.

Again, part of the appeal is the mobility. I have a high end PC but unless I pause the game, I'm not paying attention to the pixels and frame rate, with the rare exception of a huge battle on an MMO, it's irrelevant to the immediate gameplay. It's a matter of vanity, a few framerates or pixels don't make or break a game, and if they do, then the game lacks depth, because style, art, graphics, and physics in a game are complimentary, not core staples of what a great game is.

I still play BF1 on Xbox and will likely continue to play all FPS's I choose to play competitively on the xbox as online reliability and a large screen are paramount to the ideal experience, but for just about anything else, the Switch wins out. Mario Odessey, Ultra SF II, Smash bros when it comes out, Doom...these are games you can instantly fire up on a 15 bus ride and actually get a quick match in, or advance in a platform. If losing 30 FPS on a Doom port is a deal breaker to someone like you that's fine, but to me, I won't think twice about what's a negligible degradation as it won't affect the experience and cool factor that I can play it anywhere.

Comment

When did it come out anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            I really want one. I don't know anyone who has it

It can do all the normal crap right? Netflix, HBO etc?

I'm lost in the video game world. I play FIFA sometimes and use my PS4 to watch Netflix. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              When did it come out?

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                posted almost at midnight, and you say this 6AM the next morning. Wasn't exactly expecting 8 pages overnight.
                In my timezone that was 3am and 10am respectively

Now I'd appreciate a thank you for saving your thread from hitting page 2

:Handshake:

Comment

N64 is the goat

Comment

i still play on my sega mega drive (i'm poor )

Comment

As a Switch owner, it has consistently sat and collected dust for months, due to a lack of GOOD titles.

Don't say Breath of the Wild, it's largely overrated and overstays its welcome.

Once it starts getting some real JRPGs and the Virtual Console, then it'll be worth the money. Until then, the only real game worth even trying is BotW, which again, gets old after a while.

Dragon Quest XI is the first game I see that even comes close to greatness - and it really depends on the story they go with.

Comment

Working...
                      X