No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katsidis Hit With Bad Medical Verdict, Likely To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
    Parkinson's and boxing have not been linked to each other in studies.

I knew something was up when they said he was gonna announce his retirement and he would give an interview. I hope he's ok and thanks for all the great fights.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    parkinson's disease hasn't been linked, parkinson's syndrome has (ali, roach)

Comment

Katsidis was one of the most exciting fighters ive ever watched, and had a big heart. No defence but at his best he was a strong lightweight and quality fighter. hope he's all good, sounds like bad news though, he did take some serious beatings so i hope hes alright

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        CAT scan.......yeah, that's all I need to hear right there. I wish Kats well but I think they found early signs of Parkinson. Hopefully there were just early, early signs and that he is in no immediate danger.

**Take that back, seems you can't detect Parkinson's with a CAT scan, they must see something else.
        any kind of brain damage could likely cause Parkinson's I would imagine... either way they made the correct call IMO. No need for any further fighting.

Comment

Sad news. Hope he is ok. A true warrior who has given us freat fights like the casamayor marquez and earl fights. Will rewatch these fights in his honor

Comment

Damn. Hope he's gonna be OK.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Hope he's alright. Life goes on.

Comment

I pretty much called this a while back, said he needed to retire, his defense was worse than Gatti's, that's saying a lot.

Comment

so long great warrior. you will never be forgotten.

Comment

This **** is really sad...katsidis is another victim who will never be the same and all we can say is good luck chuck...it's a brutal sport but it seems we'd rather them punch drunk with our respect over healthy with us calling him a coward...I'm on this boat as well as katsidis was a favorite and I knew it was war when that helmet came to the ring...

Comment

Ill tell you what, i wont ever forget Katsidis, ive always had respect for that guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X