my 3rd bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 3rd bout

well here's minr
    Last edited by bernardotelo; 12-20-2010, 04:22 PM.

I'm not sure if I've seen you fight before, I think I have, you seem to have a better sense of distance, punch and get out. When you do punch, stop throwing arm punches, use your whole body. Use your legs more.

Comment

lol the headgaurd coming off was the highlight for me

Comment

Originally posted by Roye'l View Post
        lol the headgaurd coming off was the highlight for me
        lol the strap thingy got wet before i putted it on because i dropped my mouthguard and had to trow water on it to clean it

Originally posted by Tu Pai View Post
        I'm not sure if I've seen you fight before, I think I have, you seem to have a better sense of distance, punch and get out. When you do punch, stop throwing arm punches, use your whole body. Use your legs more.
        lol i belive i will fight again next week if so i will try to work on that

Comment

Keep ya right up more. Took alot of punches just because you drop your right under your chin, mostly when you throw.

Comment

Originally posted by Domey View Post
            Keep ya right up more. Took alot of punches just because you drop your right under your chin, mostly when you throw.
            i know my hands were low but i only realized that when i saw the video, because when i was in the ring i tought they were up

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
              i know my hands were low but i only realized that when i saw the video, because when i was in the ring i tought they were up
              Lol that's something ya should realize in the ring as well when you continue to get hit, need to ask yourself why, figure it out, and adjust =)

Comes with experience so no problem. You got the video, now you can learn from the mistakes and fix it for the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Domey View Post
                Lol that's something ya should realize in the ring as well when you continue to get hit, need to ask yourself why, figure it out, and adjust =)

Comes with experience so no problem. You got the video, now you can learn from the mistakes and fix it for the next one.
                well if i told you that since january i only fought 3 times would you belive it lol?

Comment

well if i told you that since january i only fought 3 times would you belive it lol?
                  Yes. You can tell you are a new fighter by just your ring generalship alone. There are a ton of little tiny critiques that I could probably give, but it wouldn't do to much and may possibly distract your focus. You're on the right path and it will all come with time and experience, as it usually always does.

Almost every newer fighter drops there power hand as they throw, it is very very common. The good thing is it is easily fixable. If you find yourself struggling, grab a sponge and put it on your right cheek, and hold it with your right hand. Shadow box and just throw jabs hooks and what not, and try not to let the sponge drop.

You always want to be asking yourself questions while you are boxing. "Where are my hands?" is one of the biggest and most frequent questions that should be going through your head.

Comment

I have that hands up problem to a lot. I tend to think they are up higher than they really are. I'm trying to work on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X