No announcement yet.

Bring Trigg back to the UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Trigg back to the UFC

I haven't seen the fight, but from what I've read Trigg was giving Hughes a good fight.

I really hope the UFC brings back Trigg to fight again. Trigg vs. Sherk would be a great fight. I'd like to see him against anyone actually. And if he has 1 or 2 good showings give him a rematch with Hughes.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

No, but I would like to see Trigg fight Sherk too. That would be an awesome fight.

Comment

Re: Bring Trigg back to the UFC

Originally posted by Zen
      I haven't seen the fight, but from what I've read Trigg was giving Hughes a good fight.

I really hope the UFC brings back Trigg to fight again. Trigg vs. Sherk would be a great fight. I'd like to see him against anyone actually. And if he has 1 or 2 good showings give him a rematch with Hughes.

Has anyone heard anything about this?
      The reports were right. It wasn't easy at first for Hughes. Trigg shot in and got the takedown five seconds into the fight. And we all know how difficult it is to get Hughes on his back. Trigg showed good wrestling skills and he had Hughes scrambling for position. But Hughes prevailed, of course, because his technique was just a little better.
      Trigg vs. Sherk would be a very exciting match. Both are very strong wrestlers. I'd take Sherk by decision in that one.

Comment

Re: Re: Bring Trigg back to the UFC

Originally posted by mmafanman
        Hughes prevailed, of course, because his technique was just a little better.

Trigg vs. Sherk would be a very exciting match. Both are very strong wrestlers. I'd take Sherk by decision in that one.
        agreed 100%

Comment

I like to see Trigg fighting but it would be more interesting to see hughes fighting at pride.

Comment

Dennis Hallman vs. "Twinkle Toes" would be a better match up, their first fight was completely BS. Superman can beat Trigg and then take on Hughes.

Comment

Trigg will be back in the UFC. He signed a two fight deal

But to say Trigg was giving Hughes a hard time is kind of silly. Sure, he took Hughes down. So what? Ricco almost had an armbar against Syilva. Yuki Kondo hit Ortiz with a flying knee, B.J Penn nearly armbared Jens Pulver.

MY point is that just because you start fast doesn't make you the better fighter. Hughes schooled Trigg. He schooled Newton, Castio, Sherk and Sakurai.

He has beaten everyone at WW. He owns that weight class

Comment

Originally posted by Allan the Magic Goose
                Trigg will be back in the UFC. He signed a two fight deal

But to say Trigg was giving Hughes a hard time is kind of silly. Sure, he took Hughes down. So what? Ricco almost had an armbar against Syilva. Yuki Kondo hit Ortiz with a flying knee, B.J Penn nearly armbared Jens Pulver.

MY point is that just because you start fast doesn't make you the better fighter. Hughes schooled Trigg. He schooled Newton, Castio, Sherk and Sakurai.

He has beaten everyone at WW. He owns that weight class
                Before you call my post silly, you should read it one more time. Slowly. You see, reading comprehension is more effective when you go over text at a slower pace.
                I stand by my statement that it wasn't an easy fight for Hughes AT FIRST. But once the fight settled in and the minutes passed by, you could see that Hughes' technique was better and the result proved it.
                Also, I never said that just because Trigg started fast, he was the better fighter. How the hell did you come to that conclusion anyway?
                When you say Hughes owns the WW class, we should all nominate you for the "Master of the Obvious" award. We all know Hughes has pretty much cleaned out the UFC's WW division. Of course, there's other guys waiting in the wings like Diaz, Parisyan, Almeida and even Hallman. We'll just have to see how everything plays out.

Comment

I'd also like to see Sherk vs. Hughes 2. I have a feeling that if anyone can beat Hughes it would be him.

Comment

How do you figure Almeida (assuming you mean Ricardo) is waiting for Hughes? Almeida cuts down to roughly MW size, so I doubt he'd ever fight at WW unless he gets a leg amputated.

Comment

Working...
                    X