No announcement yet.

Prime calzaghe literally bodybags this era of middles and supermiddles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorak Hunt View Post
    love posts like these, the reason i come on this site. green k sent.
    You sent green K for that delusional nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      He wasn't even great in his own era. There's a reason why he's not as famous as other British fighters despite his undefeated record. He ducked James Toney and hid in the UK till Hopkins and RJJ were rusty. Also, he's one of the most unsportsman and hateful boxer I've ever met.

After the Eubank fight (at this stage Eubank was on his way out and well past his prime) he was asked:

Do you feel sorry for Eubank?

NO!

Cuts an old faded RJJ and then taunts him without being able to stop him in the last round, just for the cruelty of it and smug as ever in the post fight interview.

I absolutely loathe him and his stupid feather fisted boxing style. Welsh ****.
      I don't mind his arrogance. But I do mind people claiming he was better than he was. He was a good fighter but let's be real. The "slap boxing" was a thing and GGG would have retired him early, Danny Jacobs would have stopped him and Eubank Jr would have swarmed him over 12. Canelo would be too slippery on the counters and the uppercuts would be jacking him all night to a decision.

The only ones I see him feasibly beating would be Saunders, Lee and Cotto.

Comment

I don't think we ever got to see the best Calzaghe. He was actually pretty heavy handed when he was in his 20's before lots of hand injuries, plus he still had all the speed and everything else. Even Eubank Sr. said the hardest he was ever hit was from Calzaghe in the first round.

It's a shame he wasted those years beating poor opposition. He showed when he stepped up against the likes of an undefeated Kessler that he was the real deal and he was about mid 30's then?

I think he was a great fighter who never really dared to be great. Spent too much time with Frank Warren defending the WBO belt.

I'd pick Calzaghe at his best to beat Ward. He would outwork Ward and i doubt Ward could even hurt a prime Calzaghe to discourage him. His work rate was very high and a feather fisted Ward trying to land counters wouldn't do much. Joe never tired much either, great stamina.

I pick Ward as a greater fighter overall as he was always willing to fight good opposition but head to head, i think Calzaghe would have beaten him.
        Last edited by deathofaclown; 01-10-2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          I don't think we ever got to see the best Calzaghe. He was actually pretty heavy handed when he was in his 20's before lots of hand injuries, plus he still had all the speed and everything else. Even Eubank Sr. said the hardest he was ever hit was from Calzaghe in the first round.

It's a shame he wasted those years beating poor opposition. He showed when he stepped up against the likes of an undefeated Kessler that he was the real deal and he was bout mid 30's then?

I think he was a great fighter who never really dared to be great. Spent too much time with Frank Warren defending the WBO belt.

I'd pick Calzaghe at his best to beat Ward. He would outwork Ward and i doubt Ward could even hurt a prime Calzaghe.
          That's a lie.

Show some early fights of a heavy handed Slappy Joe..

You can't.

Tons of fighters have hand problems incuding Floyd...you don't see them slapping.

Stick to Tranny-boys..it's what you know best.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            That's a lie.

Show some early fights of a heavy handed Slappy Joe..

You can't.

Tons of fighters have hand problems incuding Floyd...you don't see them slapping.

Stick to Tranny-boys..it's what you know best.
            No Floyd didn't become a slapper, he just become even more safety first to the point of boredom and rarely threw a combination in the last decade (don't get me wrong, he's still great)

And go watch Calzaghe v Eubank, or listen to Eubank's comments on the fight about how hard Calzaghe hit him. He also has a much higher KO% than a lot of current fighters considered big punchers. 46-0 (32 KO's).

If you knew anything about the sport, you would know that Calzaghe was known as a puncher when he started and coming through the ranks. 3 time national amateur champion too and was known as a puncher as an amateur.

I forgot more than you know b1tch boy.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 01-10-2017, 09:04 AM.

Comment

No Floyd didn't become a slapper, he just become even more safety first to the point of boredom and rarely through a combination in the last decade (don't get me wrong, he's still great)

And go watch Calzaghe v Eubank, or listen to Eubank's comments on the fight about how hard Calzaghe hit him. He also has a much higher KO% than a lot of current fighters considered big punchers. 46-0 (32 KO's).
              Boring best describes Slappy.

Joe was NEVER heavy handed.

Eubank was washed-up....just the way Joey likes 'em.

Comment

No Floyd didn't become a slapper, he just become even more safety first to the point of boredom and rarely through a combination in the last decade (don't get me wrong, he's still great)

Calzaghe punched hard early on in his career but had hands troubles later on during his most prolific years and wins, which is why he focused on slapping, moving, workrate.

I think Calzaghe beats every SMW around now convincingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Boring best describes Slappy.

Joe was NEVER heavy handed.

Eubank was washed-up....just the way Joey likes 'em.
                  Eubank was washed up but still had a hell of a chin.

And yes, he was considered heavy handed as an amateur and early in his career. Had 20 KO's in his first 21 fights.

Comment

Eubank was washed up but still had a hell of a chin.

And yes, he was considered heavy handed as an amateur and early in his career. Had 20 KO's in his first 21 fights.
                    If you had proof of Joe being heavy handed you wouldn't have to mention the amateurs or drag out Eubank's corpse.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                      Calzaghe punched hard early on in his career but had hands troubles later on during his most prolific years and wins, which is why he focused on slapping, moving, workrate.

I think Calzaghe beats every SMW around now convincingly.

There it is again....that same old lie.

Provide PROOF of Joe punching hard early in his sh8t career.

Comment

Working...
                      X