Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Kell Brook use his Reach and Size to beat Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need a very quick touch jab against Pacquiao and you also need to be able to get into position fast enough, all whilst being able to shoot on the fly. Brook just doesn't possess any of that. On top of that Brook's chin is still highly questionable and his conditioning has failed him before. I'd favor Pacquiao in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
      I'd favour Pacquiao strongly. Kell is flat footed and stiff and he will have legit problems with Manny's speed and explosiveness. His jab could pose an issue but Manny can counter a jab fairly well, and Brook doesn't have the reach or speed that Floyd does.
      Marquez is flat footed as well and he gave Pac 4 good fights.

Pac is a hesitant fighter now, he's not the animal he once was. Once he feels Brook's power he will make sure he doesn't get reckless and a part of what made Pac so great was that bit of recklessness in his game, that relentless aggressive style.

Pac at his best would beat Kell, but this version of Pac? I'm not sure. I'd be 55-45 in favour of Kell.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
        I definitely think that Kell could use his size and reach to beat Pacquiao. Mayweather showed everyone how one can use their size and reach to overwhelm and beat Manny Pacquiao.

Does NSB think Kell Brook could do that.

I honestly see Manny Pacquiao and Shawn Porter as very similar fighters, both are very wild, and Kell was able to tame the wild Shawn Porter, I think he could tame the Wild Manny Pacquiao, and if Pacquiao decides not to be wild in this fight, I think Kell can just outbox him.

Because Kell is the Champ, Pacquiao and Roach's catchweight request will be rejected by Brook.
        I say no because what troubled Pac the most against Mayweather was not his size but his speed and that was the biggest disparity in their bout. Pac has challenged wider, longer, stronger and slower opponents like Kell Brook before and has defeated them all. However, Floyd was the quickest fighter Manny has ever faced and Brook is nowhere near as fast or quick as Mayweather.

Comment

Anyone who didn't score the fight 118-110 or 117-110 for Mayweather is on drugs.

Moretti had the correct scorecard. You, Good Sir, are a Jabroni.
          So then two judges and most media were on drugs -
          http://mmadecisions.com/decision/614...Manny-Pacquiao

116-112 was a much more common score than 118-110.

More people scored Mayweather 115 or 116 than had 117-119.
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-11-2015, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Kell's jab wouldn't be good for Manny, he'd get countered all day and maybe even stopped. Manny isn't the same fighter as he was in his PED days.

Comment

yes, i think

Comment

You talk as if you been here for a while.
                4 years to be exact. I just never made an account. I know that you pick any fighter thats going against pacquiao and any rican, you always pick the opponent. Very biased poster, always rooting for blacks, makes stupid predictions and stupid threads like this one. You are just a moron, honestly. IQ wayyyy below average, just like floyds

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingLegend89' View Post
                  4 years to be exact. I just never made an account. I know that you pick any fighter thats going against pacquiao and any rican, you always pick the opponent. Very biased poster, always rooting for blacks, makes stupid predictions and stupid threads like this one. You are just a moron, honestly. IQ wayyyy below average, just like floyds

I root for Danny Garcia. He is Rican. I root for GGG, he is not Black. I root for a lot of Japanese fighters, your theory is disproven.

My favorite fighters though are Broner, Ward, and Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                  X