Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Its like some spiteful sadistic boxing god knows the best way to torture us

Im proper down on the sport right now.

The Klitschko/Joshua situation and this fight have pissed me off no end.
    You're not wrong mate, last coupla days actually pissed me off, which ain't really like me at all. Spoilsport bastards. Still, there's Kovalev - Ward and Loma - Walters to look forward to.

Comment

this genuinely isnt said as a golovkin fan, but im so ****ed off with jacobs and the sport in general. Why cant things ever happen now, jacobs must have had an inkling that he could fight GGG in december for a while now, is 3 months not enough to prepare? Why do things always have to get delayed? the way i see it, these 'delays' dont mean we have to wait a bit longer, it means the fight keeps being postponed indefinitely cause they dont want to fight but they cant jsut say 'i dont want to fight'. I hope jacobs proves me wrong but i doubt it, and i hope canelo fights ggg in september but i doubt it, and i hope wlad fights joshua in the summer, and i hope garcia fights thurman like he says he will, but i doubt it. you get the picture. Fighters just keep throwing hurdles in the way 'i need a tune up' 'such and such belt isnt on the line' 'im not ready at the weight' 'the fight needs to marinate' 'ive got other options, this fight doesnt define me' etc. I complain about fighters in the past being glorified but surely they didnt duck and avoid fighting competition as much as this sorry state of fighters, cause ive never known such a **** year of boxing. I know there are exceptions to this (santa cruz, v frampton) but it feels to me that the crap mismatches and the ducking far outweighs the good matches being made, theres so many good fighters in the sport, really should be a couple of good fights every months. IM genuinely fed up of moaning about the sport but how can i be positive. THing is a lot of you are actually happy with how it is, will say 'porter v thurman, santa cruz v frampton doe' so out of all the great match ups and talented fighters your happy with a few decent match ups every year? Makes my blood boil

Comment

2017 is improbable cause we have 2 clowns running for president and one of those is going to kill the world

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
          Seems reasonable,now Wlad fight for 10 Dec then Danny in early 2017,lets wait then.
          Looks like Crawford has that date per Fat Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            You're not wrong mate, last coupla days actually pissed me off, which ain't really like me at all. Spoilsport bastards. Still, there's Kovalev - Ward and Loma - Walters to look forward to.
            Yeah they are great fights, but they both took an absolute age to sort out as well.

Theres just no way boxing can keep going the way it is. Everything just takes so fecking long to do. Every negotiation is so drawn out. Even simple contender fights are treated like super fights, and super fights are left on the table for bull**** reasons.

Some of these are fights between guys in the same promotional stable, fighting on the same channel. Some are fights between guys who are champions in the same division, from the same city, even went to the same school (Crolla vs Flanagan). The fight sells itself. But it just doesnt get made.

Youve got guys taking years to step up one division. Fighting bums or moving 1 pound at a time in the most cautious and tedious weight jumps in history.

How can it carry on the way its going?
            Last edited by Tom Cruise; 10-20-2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Yeah they are great fights, but they both took an absolute age to sort out as well.

Theres just no way boxing can keep going the way it is. Everything just takes so fecking long to do. Every negotiation is so drawn out. Even simple contender fights are treated like super fights, and super fights are left on the table for bull**** reasons.

Some of these are fights between guys in the same promotional stable, fighting on the same channel. Some are fights between guys who are champions in the same division, from the same city, even went to the same school (Crolla vs Flanagan). The fight sells itself. But it just doesnt get made.

How can it carry on the way its going?
              Amen to that. Swear to god I'm beginning to wish AIBA would just take over and run the show. They may be a bunch of crooked bastards too, but at least you get the best fighting the best on a schedule... Imagine that!

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                Looks like Crawford has that date per Fat Dan.
                Crawford with who?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Amen to that. Swear to god I'm beginning to wish AIBA would just take over and run the show. They may be a bunch of crooked bastards too, but at least you get the best fighting the best on a schedule... Imagine that!
                  If AIBA didnt do national teams, 5 rnds and crappy gloves I really wouldnt mind as they are at least organised. Corrupt as ****, but they are organised. The WSB has a regular schedule. Everyone fights each other. If you are a fan of a WSB fighter you know you are going to see them in a good few fights every year against good opposition.

Imagine that. We could talk about boxing instead of negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Somebody must be planning to vacate cuz according to the WBA the fight has to be made by Jan 12th. And GGG has an IBF & WBC mandatory coming up.
                    ^^^exactly.

Golovkin is giving up the WBA belt, Jacobs-Blanco likely happens for the vacant WBA belt by December/January, and K2 will talk about securing the Jacobs fight for March/April (weighing the Jacobs fight against a possible Saunders fight).

the game is still the game

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      ^^^exactly.

Golovkin is giving up the WBA belt, Jacobs-Blanco likely happens for the vacant WBA belt by December/January, and K2 will talk about securing the Jacobs fight for March/April (weighing the Jacobs fight against a possible Saunders fight).

the game is still the game
                      I swear you just be making bull**** up out of your ass.

For your sake, I hope this purse bid does happen or that GGG vacates cause if not, every single one of your posts are getting bumped.

Comment

Working...
                      X