Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is GBP/Team Canela in panic mode/damage control mode?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is GBP/Team Canela in panic mode/damage control mode?

Is GBP/Team Canela in panic mode/damage control mode? They were spewing press releases after press releases demolishing Golovkin in recent days. Are they feeling now the fans backlash of Canela handing his WBC Middleweight belt to Golovkin without a fight?

Canelo: Golovkin-Brook? GGG Should Have Shut His Mouth!

Canelo Jabs Critics: Nobody Will Pressure Me Into Golovkin Fight!

Canelo Smiles: Lara Calling Out GGG, Golovkin Won't Fight Him!

Canelo: I'm Making History - Golovkin is Older and Fought Nobody!

Canelo: Ready To Face Golovkin? He Has To Be Ready For Me!

etc. etc...

On the other hand, Team GGG is now not mentioning Canela anymore and concentrated its focus on Brook... and Saunders.

Comment

He's boosting his sales with this.
      Old tactic.
      Bring up another fighter's name often few weeks before your fight --> more people will tune in to your too.

This is good for Golovkin and for him too since Golovkin will also fight just one week before him.
      He's building up the future fight to make it bigger and bigger.
      tbh I wouldn't be surprised if the whole situation would be staged and it would be just the show. I mean I can imagine that Golovkin and his team also know abut this ad they already dealt the roles between each other.
      They constantly talk about each other, Canelo tries to be more and more negative to contrast Golovkin's "good boy" role (familiar, huh?) .
      Btw Canelo mostly said the truth about Lara, Golovkin's resume and the Golovkin v Brook fight.

Maybe it's not that complicated though and they don't build up **** just talk **** to each other cause they don't like each other, idk...
      Last edited by HEND; 08-30-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

they have been a PR disaster since he dropped the belt

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
          Is GBP/Team Canela in panic mode/damage control mode? (...)

etc. etc...
          I suspect they can't sell enough for this Liam Smith fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
            Is GBP/Team Canela in panic mode/damage control mode? They were spewing press releases after press releases demolishing Golovkin in recent days. Are they feeling now the fans backlash of Canela handing his WBC Middleweight belt to Golovkin without a fight?

Canelo: Golovkin-Brook? GGG Should Have Shut His Mouth!

Canelo Jabs Critics: Nobody Will Pressure Me Into Golovkin Fight!

Canelo Smiles: Lara Calling Out GGG, Golovkin Won't Fight Him!

Canelo: I'm Making History - Golovkin is Older and Fought Nobody!

Canelo: Ready To Face Golovkin? He Has To Be Ready For Me!

etc. etc...
            There is nothing they can say they have ruined this young man, no matter what he does unless he beat GGG or fight him he will be classed as a chicken that is face Canelo either made his promoter show who is boss not the other way very sad day. Why talk big and then give up belt *****

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
              There is nothing they can say they have ruined this young man, no matter what he does unless he beat GGG or fight him he will be classed as a chicken that is face Canelo either made his promoter show who is boss not the other way very sad day. Why talk big and then give up belt *****
              I think that Canelo really wanted to fight GGG but Oscar stopped him eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                I suspect they can't sell enough for this Liam Smith fight.
                I'm sure 95% of Canelo's fan base dont even know who Liam Smith is and will lay eyes on him for the first time when they actually see the fight.

****, I've been following the sport since '86 and I didnt even know who this guy was until I googled him when it was announced that Canelo will be fighting him.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                  He's boosting his sales with this.
                  Old tactic.
                  I don't know if what they're doing now will work. I think Canela was losing more fans day by day than gaining new ones.

Fans were even attacking Canela's and Oscar's social media accounts with chicken emojis.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    I'm sure 95% of Canelo's fan base dont even know who Liam Smith is and will lay eyes on him for the first time when they actually see the fight.

****, I've been following the sport since '86 and I didnt even know who this guy was until I googled him when it was announced that Canelo will be fighting him.
                    The first fight I watched was Clay (Ali)-Liston II...

I follow the British boxing scene, therefore I knew who Liam Smith is...

Comment

Working...
                    X