Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of the "video nasties" have you seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of the "video nasties" have you seen?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_nasty

Back in the 80s, Green Teefs were so puritanical that they were censoring and banning everything.

I remember the furore over "Beercules Unleashed", a film about a ****sexual from the army who got his shit pushed back in by a dwarf. Banned for years, that one was.

The full list of 72 movies is here, as well as on that Wankopedia link:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls051364249/

I reckon I've only seen 6 or 7 of them. Some of them (such as the original Evil Dead) are now mainstream, and, as such, seem incredibly prissy picks for a ban, others less so.

The one I found most disturbing was Cannibal Holocaust, purely due to the very real butchery of animals in it.

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

Back in the 80s, Green Teefs were so puritanical that they were censoring and banning everything.

I remember the furore over "Beercules Unleashed", a film about a ****sexual from the army who got his shit pushed back in by a dwarf. Banned for years, that one was.

The full list of 72 movies is here, as well as on that Wankopedia link:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls051364249/

I reckon I've only seen 6 or 7 of them. Some of them (such as the original Evil Dead) are now mainstream, and, as such, seem incredibly prissy picks for a ban, others less so.

The one I found most disturbing was Cannibal Holocaust, purely due to the very real butchery of animals in it.
    cannibal holocaust I saw, evil dead, i spit on your grave, eaten alive & 2 others i believe... i forgot about so many of those movies. this movie rental place closed down a few years back but they had all these movies along with other sick stuff that was banned...i will refer to this list & watch a few over time...

Comment

I saw most of the ones you cite, as well as Driller Killer.

Some of them, I can see the outrage, but some of them are quite arty and unnecessarily censored.

That's Brits for you... green teethed bastards, they are.

Comment

The I spit on your grave remake was worse than the original. I literally didn't see a point in that movie even being made.

The only part worth mention was when she strappados the guy above boiling water, I thought that was kind of cool.

But the whole hour of psyche abuse/rape was a bit unecessary lol.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Ive seen a lot of those. Possession is great. Eaten Alive is fun, with a cameo from Freddy Kruger. Faces of Death will put you off your food. Straw Dogs is a classic. The Beyond is a favourite of the horror geek. Last House on the left is good. Island of Death has a crazy ending involving rape and incest. Absurd finishes with the killer being stabbed in both eyes with a compass. House by the Cemetery i stopped watching halfway through because it was silly and the flying bat that attacks the family couldnt be more rubber.

Comment

There are some good documentaries about the video nasty ban in the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

That is the most ****ed up movie I have ever seen. When I first saw that it messed with my head for 2 days after it. I still can't get the tortoise scene out of my head. The other movie that screwed with my head almost equally as bad is Gummo. Completely different and I am not sure if it is supposed to be disturbing, but it definitely disturbs the hell out of me.

Comment

Driller Killer was incredibly tame. I've only seen a few of those, Driller Killer, Evil Dead, Cannibal Ferox, Last House on the Left and Zombi 2.

Which has this scene:

Comment

I'll take a look at Gummo, never heard of that.

And I agree, it's definitely the turtle bit that did for me. I didn't actually care that they chopped up snakes.

Comment

I've seen quite a few on that list....been years, though. Never did get to see Cannibal Holocaust. Wanted to just be cause of the notoriety.....hell, now I find myself wanting to make a list of the ones I didn't ever watch, just so I/can mark off the unfinished business.

One thing I must say, though. The Young. Ones is about the best damn show/I've ever seen!! Really/have it only lasted like three years. "Nasty" was one of my favorite episodes. Still think I've got most of them onVHS somewhere around here.

Don't know if I want to watch an/episode or look up a nasty now.
                    Hmmmm.

Comment

Working...
                    X