No announcement yet.

Beginner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner

Hello everbody,I feel like this is how most threads begin but I am new to the forum,and have a question regarding training. Well I am a sled dog handler here in Alaska, and it turns out one of my fellow handlers was a boxer in Canada.So since I've always been interested in learning a bit about it but do not have the time nor money to go to a trainer I figured that I would learn as much as i can from this guy. So after im done with work I practice my stance and basic punches with him, (we do have a heavy bag a couple sets of gloves a speed bag ect.) So I believe my question to you would be can I learn from a boxer as much as a coach? I realize it would be more beneficial to attend some courses, but that is not an option. I guess I should add that I am not looking to go pro, I am just looking to be able to have a fairly good grasp on my footwork, and some punches and body movement. Thank you very much, any feed back will be tremendously appreciated!

Why you asking these questions if you cant afford or have the option to go anywhere else and all the best trainers for the most parts were former fighters. So just stick to what you doing as you just doing it as a hobby you should be just fine.

Comment

Was he an Amateur or Professional? Either way he'll be able to teach you what he knows.

Do you plan on competing or just for fitness?

Comment

Go to the Training section, you will not get any good answers here

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Go to the Training section, you will not get any good answers here
          and you seem to be the reason why.

2 replys all good replys but yours............

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
            and you seem to be the reason why.

2 replys all good replys but yours............
            ok alt..........

Comment

I believe he was amueter, I realized i didnt mention that I would love to one day when i am in a better position maybe see a trainer. But for now I want to be able to progress as much as i can by learning from my fellow handler.So a better question would be how far can i expect to progress by learning from a former ameuter boxer, until i should seek more instruction from a trainer? Also any thoughts on how to improve the power and coordination behind a left jab? i like to get a few opinions obviously! haha. thank you once again for your time!

Comment

Also so how often should I and how long should i shadow box?

Comment

Working...
                X