No announcement yet.

Ward Aging Like Fine Fish?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    December 2011, he fought twice within a 10 month period when he faced Dawson. Ring's PFP #1 just fought twice within a 12 month period.

It still hasn't been a year since Ward last fought and he intended to fight in September but couldn't find a satisfactory opponent (to HBO).
    My point stands, Ward has only fought once within a 20 month period from Dec 17, 2011 to August 16, 2013 (and counting). I never said he should be stripped of anything.

When though? he fought Sept 2012 with the intention of fighting in February 2013, 6 months later. He was then injured.
    I don't know, but 20 months (and counting) is a long time to pick up only one fight. Look at Golovkin for example, he's already fought 3 times this year and is planning to fight two more times before the year is over. I know Ward has had his issues, but as a fan I would have rather he stayed more active and not ruin his own momentum.

That fight was cancelled due to Ward's shoulder injury not Pavlik.
    So I guess Pavlik was willing to fight even with the seizures...

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
      I don't know, but 20 months (and counting) is a long time to pick up only one fight. Look at Golovkin for example, he's already fought 3 times this year and is planning to fight two more times before the year is over. I know Ward has had his issues, but as a fan I would have rather he stayed more active and not ruin his own momentum.
      The only possible time he could have fought was between September 2012 after Dawson and November 2012 but the Pavlik fight was originally supposed to happen on January 6th. He injured his shoulder early December 2012 and a broken hand kept him out for the early part of the year until the Dawson fight.

He could fight now, but he is struggling to get an approved opponent.

So I guess Pavlik was willing to fight even with the seizures...
      I don't think he had the seizures until after the fight was cancelled. I recall an interview where he said it was a blessing.

Comment

GGG-Ward in October or November, at 168 anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
          GGG-Ward in October or November, at 168 anyone?
          Though I don't see it happening, it would make an already super year nearly stratospheric!

Comment

It is a viable fight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Chavez Jr.? that's the fight he was still talking about in the interview.
              Yep, I think I said it in my post, the only other big money fight at 168 is if Junior moves up in weight. But Ward really has to get his head out of his arse and realise that he isn't a big darw, no one knows him outside of the US, this guy, supposedly a man of God has to learn to humble himself and fight away from home for the big money (Froch or Pascal) or move up in weight.

There are still a tonne of top level, quality opponents for Ward to fight at 168 but they don't bring the money he thinks he deserves.

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Ward wipes out a division....4 decent guys......P4P#1

Pac wipes out 5 divisions or so, loses to a guy he already beat 3 times.......not worthy of p4p mention anymore.

Wlad has been wiping out the HW division for years......barely in any top 10 lists at all

BHOP has is so accomplished that all he can do is break his own records.......maybe the bottom of the p4p list.

Bottom line, Ward isn't p4p#1 and should be dropped down or from the list due to inactivity. He doesn't even have a belt anymore.
              I partially agree, I do believe Ward should be a p4p top 10 guy but number one? Hello no!!

His best wins are against Froch (legit win), Kessler (elbows, headbutts and forearms, I called that MMA), Bika (schooled by Calzaghe and an number of other guys already, accepted as a legit opponent for Ward but a bum for Calzaghe, go figure) and a drained Dawson who looked absolutely terrible that night, think about it, Ward got the LHW champion of the world to move down to a weight he hadn't been at for years and years and his fan shout that it was somehow a great victory. Come on people, are you boxing fans or arse lickers???

Comment

Working...
              X