Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malik Scott: It's a Flat Out Robbery, I Schooled Glazkov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell someone who cares, oh no one does? Take the money from your purse and buy a horse, move into the mountains, stop bothering people. Scott is insufferable to watch. He might have won, but that was the zenith of his career last night. No one is going to give a 0 action fighter like him a chance. He's impossible to look good against, but won't dominate either. Exactly the kind of guy who is going to have to find another line of work. If he was entertaining, id be outraged, but I hope he fades into oblivion.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
      Tell someone who cares, oh no one does? Take the money from your purse and buy a horse, move into the mountains, stop bothering people. Scott is insufferable to watch. He might have won, but that was the zenith of his career last night. No one is going to give a 0 action fighter like him a chance. He's impossible to look good against, but won't dominate either. Exactly the kind of guy who is going to have to find another line of work. If he was entertaining, id be outraged, but I hope he fades into oblivion.
      NBC commentator BJ Flores was practically, well, giving Scott a "bj" for his performance against Glazkov. He was heaping on the praise and listening just to his commentary you might have thought you were watching a Floyd Mayweather Jr. masterpiece performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Yes he was robbed he clearly won. Still like most fighters he gave away the 12th witch took the win away from him. Fighters need to stop giving away rounds

but they tired, big dog!

Comment

Originally posted by PBP
          Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

I disagree. Certain robberies are blantant corruption while some are just judged differently from what we see cause of what the fighters do. In this case I see people claiming Scott gave away rounds.

I cant say this was a robbery or not cause I literally missed the second half of the fight. I only got to watch the 10th round after walking away in the 5th. From what I saw in the first 5 rounds Glazkov was getting schooled tho.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Corruption does exist but I don't think its the reason for every bad decision. There's a lot of general **** that has gone on in boxing for years like close/even rounds go to the champion/home/in house fighter or a fighter that falls behind is given sympathy rounds because he did better than he did in the previous rounds.

Often what you see is a fighter that builds a lead start to coast because he thinks he built up a big enough lead. This has proven not to work over and over again.
          I hear you, that's where I stand at.

Is Scott like another Dawson? Or I should say the Dawson we've watched for a few years now. The safety first and no killer instincts Dawson. But possesses speed and all the skills in the world as well as being rangy.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            NBC commentator BJ Flores was practically, well, giving Scott a "bj" for his performance against Glazkov. He was heaping on the praise and listening just to his commentary you might have thought you were watching a Floyd Mayweather Jr. masterpiece performance.
            Flores has one major flaw as a commentator. And that is that he always tends to be biased towards a fighter when he needs to be neutral as someone in his position should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
              Flores has one major flaw as a commentator. And that is that he always tends to be biased towards a fighter when he needs to be neutral as someone in his position should be.
              Yes, he was going overboard with his praise for Scott and was misleading the viewers.

I watched it on Russia 2 and saw a very close fight. I scored it a draw 95-95, I had Scott leading 95-94 going into the last round, but Glazkov clearly finished stronger.

Both fighters showed flaws: Glazkov was hesitating and just standing there after he had Malik hurt, and Scott slowed down and didn't do enough in the later rounds, giving the fight away when he was ahead.

Comment

Here's what Fat Dan had to say:

Rafael's remarks: Let's get this right out of the way: This was a bad decision. Scott, 32, of Philadelphia, might be one of the least aggressive, most boring fighters in boxing today, but he deserved the points win. Fighting in just his third scheduled 10-round bout, despite being a pro since 2000, he clearly outboxed Glazkov, a 2008 Olympic bronze medalist from Russia, whose rising reputation took a hit with this mediocre performance.

Scott dominated with a solid left jab in an ordinary fight. Judge John Poturaj's 98-92 score seemed on the money. John McKaie's 96-94 for Glazkov was inconceivable, and Julie Lederman's draw scorecard must be questioned. NBC Sports Net commentator B.J. Flores, who usually is very good with his scoring, was utterly befuddled by the judges' cards -- as was Scott, and probably many others who watched the fight.

Glazkov was coming off a good performance in December when he made Tor Hamer quit after four rounds, but he couldn't keep the momentum going against Scott, who was offered the fight only after more than a dozen others turned down the opportunity to face Glazkov in a nationally televised bout.
                I'll watch the fight again and score it with the sound muted as I may have been influenced by BJ Flores' constant nuthuggery of Scott.

Interesting that Julie Lederman had it a draw; she's regarded as a pretty solid judge and work frequently at the championship level..

Comment

Just remembered, on several instances Flores compared Scott to Pernell Whitaker and to Lennox Lewis...

Seriously what is dis guy smokin?....

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Yes, he was going overboard with his praise for Scott and was misleading the viewers.

I watched it on Russia 2 and saw a very close fight. I scored it a draw 95-95, I had Scott leading 95-94 going into the last round, but Glazkov clearly finished stronger.

Both fighters showed flaws: Glazkov was hesitating and just standing there after he had Malik hurt, and Scott slowed down and didn't do enough in the later rounds, giving the fight away when he was ahead.
                    come on tunney, that scoring is just terrible. even ig glazkov won the 12th, which he did.

Comment

Here's what Fat Dan had to say:

I'll watch the fight again and score it with the sound muted as I may have been influenced by BJ Flores' constant nuthuggery of Scott.

Interesting that Julie Lederman had it a draw; she's regarded as a pretty solid judge and work frequently at the championship level..
                      If you watch this version you can still have the sound from the punches and everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X