No announcement yet.

Finally someone honest about being scared of Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is high risk, low reward, nobody is 'ducking' him as such

Love how the same guys actually rip Rigondeaux for this but Golovkin is this monster the whole world ****s bricks from.

NSB hypocrisy at its finest!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      The Fuchigami fight was in Ukraine.
      Oh, I thought you were referring to recently. Golovkin fought Fuchigami less than two months after Macklin was knocked out by Martinez.

Murray probably avoided it. Oh, well.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-13-2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

i hate to talk down to people about this stuff, but if you've ever had an asset worth protecting you develop a better understanding of why people avoid gennady golovkin

not only is he good and relatively low reward, he is a huge puncher.

losing to a slickster is one thing. you go 12 rounds, hardly get a scratch, and people complain about the guy who beats you.

losing to golovkin might be the last thing you ever do in a boxing ring.

there's a huge risk involved with fighting a guy like that.

risk

understand what i mean when i say risk, and you'll understand why boxers get "ducked." no boxer on TV, or fighting for a world title, or top amateur title, is "scared" of another fighter. he wouldn't have gotten to the top. fighters are avoided because of amount of risk they pose vs the reward. they aren't avoided for any other reason.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Love how the same guys actually rip Rigondeaux for this but Golovkin is this monster the whole world ****s bricks from.

they're very similar cases, actually. golovkin has power, and rigo has power and also his style, which you won't likely look good against even if you win.

huge risk, low reward. rigondeaux has even less upside than golovkin in terms of his earning potential given his lack of an ethnic fanbase, inability to speak english, and his style.

you are gunning for the fanboy gold star. rigondeaux has nothing to do with this thread . i like it. rigo needs an educated fanboy, such as yourself. keep it up.

Comment

I still can't quite get why you don't like the guy

Is there any particular reason? I am just curious. I don't think it's just because of the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              I still can't quite get why you don't like the guy

Is there any particular reason? I am just curious. I don't think it's just because of the hype.

I like him, I think he is potentially quite a specimen but what I don't like is the hype which in turn means he is almost expected too kill everyone in a few rounds and if he fails there is a load of excuses. Those aren't needed, you can't blow everybody out in a few rounds.
              He is an offensive machine but people are so caught up in the hype its like they believe he is prime Mike Tyson.
              He is almost believed to be this unbeatable 'god' hes human, every fighter is beatable.

I want to see him against a good sized, decent, prime middleweight. As it stands his best win probably is Ouma.

I see where the hype stems from but its gone completely overboard and while he is high risk, low reward I am sure there is better opponents available than whats his name? Tall Japanese kid, Ishida? that stopped Kirkland and is like 40, feather fisted & coming off a few losses. I suppose at least he is a legit middleweight.

Comment

dan_cov what does the "hype" have to do with the fighter? Nothing! he isn't out there over hyping himself he's looking to fight and theres NO takers. Where Sergio?? Isn't he a 60 pounder? I know he doesn't have the clout to pump up a pay per view but maybe this GGG guy can with a few more shows where people can see, he's likeable and he can box (some) and he CAN punch! I understand other promotions holding back their guys. So he's stuck fighting 54 pounders or 3rd teir guys. Nothing he can do other than wait for his mantitory bouts but what if the number one guy is "hurt"! Then what!!
                Ray

Comment

I like him, I think he is potentially quite a specimen but what I don't like is the hype which in turn means he is almost expected too kill everyone in a few rounds and if he fails there is a load of excuses. Those aren't needed, you can't blow everybody out in a few rounds.
                  He is an offensive machine but people are so caught up in the hype its like they believe he is prime Mike Tyson.
                  He is almost believed to be this unbeatable 'god' hes human, every fighter is beatable.

I want to see him against a good sized, decent, prime middleweight. As it stands his best win probably is Ouma.

I see where the hype stems from but its gone completely overboard and while he is high risk, low reward I am sure there is better opponents available than whats his name? Tall Japanese kid, Ishida? that stopped Kirkland and is like 40, feather fisted & coming off a few losses. I suppose at least he is a legit middleweight.
                  Sure I can understand that.. just before Rosado fight you were very skeptical and you still are (if not more). I wonder would you become a fan if/when he beats top5.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    dan_cov what does the "hype" have to do with the fighter? Nothing! he isn't out there over hyping himself he's looking to fight and theres NO takers. Where Sergio?? Isn't he a 60 pounder? I know he doesn't have the clout to pump up a pay per view but maybe this GGG guy can with a few more shows where people can see, he's likeable and he can box (some) and he CAN punch! I understand other promotions holding back their guys. So he's stuck fighting 54 pounders or 3rd teir guys. Nothing he can do other than wait for his mantitory bouts but what if the number one guy is "hurt"! Then what!!
                    Ray

Why would Sergio waste his time? Hes fighting Murray next then likely a Chavez Jr rematch which will earn him 5+ times the purse he'd get for facing GGG. Frankly at this stage he isn't worth Sergio's time.

I've also seen it before; They hail GGG as a monster then lets say he fights Sergio, what respect does Sergio get? He gets none because people will then say the reality and that is GGG ain't fought nobody, he is pretty untested.

I am sure if the money was right many guys would fight GGG. Most of the top 20 are tied up with domestic rivalries and such and will receive more coin for taking on lesser guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      Sure I can understand that.. just before Rosado fight you were very skeptical and you still are (if not more). I wonder would you become a fan if/when he beats top5.

I'm always skeptical even of proven world class opposition. I give him props for that fight, I rate Rosado higher than a lot of people on here and despite him not being a middleweight as such I think he'd do well as a middleweight.
                      Hes got the size, good power, good handspeed, he is fluid and I feel he is well rounded.

I'm a fan of Golovkins style and I like his attitude, I just want to see him tested before I am full on board. I've seen a lot of guys before who have looked mighty against smaller/lesser guys and hailed as the next big thing, they've stepped up and got exposed.
                      Tyrone Brunson would be a decent example IMO; he was knocking everyone dead, broke a load of records, had a lot of hype then he got stopped by Carson Jones I think it was. That was a minor step up. That was the end of him!

I also find it interesting when these punchers come along and someone can take their best shots and still keep coming. Is there a plan B? Will they get discouraged?

Comment

Working...
                      X