Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between simple elite & business elite, in my opinion however unpopular

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't leave out that at 28 years old, Floyd had already held titles in 3 different weight classes, and had 2 Ring/Lineal Championships, and had something Ward also has and that's a Ring FOTY.

You can't compare the two. Comparing them now, it's not even close. Floyd has since won[since 28 years old] another FOTY award[2007], another 4 FOTY ESPY awards in the last 6 years, titles in two more divisions[147, 154], another 2 Ring/Lineal titles at WW, against 3 top 10 P4P fighters[Hatton, Marquez, Mosley] and three top 3 fighters of their division, 154 WBC champion De La Hoya #3 ranked JMW, 147 WBC champion Ortiz #2 ranked WW, 154 WBA champion Cotto #1 ranked JMW.

Let's see what accomplishments Ward will have when he's 35 years old. Ward has what it takes to be great, but comparing him to Floyd right now in any way, is making him look bad. Floyd leaves him in the dust right now. And, at 28, Floyd is clearly the more accomplished fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Don't leave out that at 28 years old, Floyd had already held titles in 3 different weight classes, and had 2 Ring/Lineal Championships, and had something Ward also has and that's a Ring FOTY.

You can't compare the two. Comparing them now, it's not even close. Floyd has since won[since 28 years old] another FOTY award[2007], another 4 FOTY ESPY awards in the last 6 years, titles in two more divisions[147, 154], another 2 Ring/Lineal titles at WW, against 3 top 10 P4P fighters[Hatton, Marquez, Mosley] and three top 3 fighters of their division, 154 WBC champion De La Hoya #3 ranked JMW, 147 WBC champion Ortiz #2 ranked WW, 154 WBA champion Cotto #1 ranked JMW.

Let's see what accomplishments Ward will have when he's 35 years old. Ward has what it takes to be great, but comparing him to Floyd right now in any way, is making him look bad. Floyd leaves him in the dust right now. And, at 28, Floyd is clearly the more accomplished fighter.
      No 1 here is comparing resumes in it's entirety. This is about 2 elite fighters right now. Yes Ward is every bit as elite right now. With better wins within the last couple years to realistically justify him being higher currently pfp.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I disagree with Floyd being the only elite fighter in boxing. I believe Ward is every bit his equal, if not moreso. Wards resume is outstanding & should he beat Dawson, his body of work over the last couple years absolutely bosses on Floyd's or any other fighter. Hell it's better than Floyd's now, imo.

Outside of stopping power Ward does have it all. A complete offensive arsenal
        and a nearly impenetrable defense. The kid is just as good pfp right now to me.

Furthermore I consider it dangerous to assume that Floyd beats Martinez at 154 right now. (Which is probably why that fight would never happen).
        If someone wants to label Ward an ELITE Fighter now, I surely wouldn't argue against that but for me a Win over Chad Dawson SOLIDIFIES IT! That would be his biggest win so far in his CAREER! Beat guys who are not as talented as you are is great...but beating a guy who is just as talented, maybe even more talented is even more impressive

but no Question Ward is already up their

Comment

If Ward was a 147lb fighter he would fight Pacquiao, tests or no tests.

He's a more complete fighter in the ring than FMJ and a better example outside the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            If Ward was a 147lb fighter he would fight Pacquiao, tests or no tests.

He's a more complete fighter in the ring than FMJ and a better example outside the ring.
            Pac would sign to fight ward because he'd have the leverage if ward was at 147 and wouldn't be concerned about purse split.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
              If someone wants to label Ward an ELITE Fighter now, I surely wouldn't argue against that but for me a Win over Chad Dawson SOLIDIFIES IT! That would be his biggest win so far in his CAREER! Beat guys who are not as talented as you are is great...but beating a guy who is just as talented, maybe even more talented is even more impressive

but no Question Ward is already up their
              If Ward beats Dawson, his top 3 wins are easily & I mean easily greater than Floyd's top 3 wins, hell maybe even top 5. Another thing is that some fans claim that belts don't mean anything, but there 1st arguments always (especially concerning Pacman/Floyd) are about the titles they've won in the multiple divisions they've fought in.

In the 1 division Ward has fought in, Froch & Kessler are better than any 2 fighters Floyd has beaten & are equal to Pacman beating Barrera/ Marquez (considering we have to say he won those 2).

Comment

If Ward beats Dawson, his top 3 wins are easily & I mean easily greater than Floyd's top 3 wins, hell maybe even top 5. Another thing is that some fans claim that belts don't mean anything, but there 1st arguments always (especially concerning Pacman/Floyd) are about the titles they've won in the multiple divisions they've fought in.

In the 1 division Ward has fought in, Froch & Kessler are better than any 2 fighters Floyd has beaten & are equal to Pacman beating Barrera/ Marquez (considering we have to say he won those 2).
                Beating chad at 168 is more impressive than beating Castillo twice at Castillo's best weight in the 1st 2 fights floyd had in the division?

Comment

Comment

when Ward is doing that in his 5th division then you can come talk to me because comparing them now is stupid. Did Floyd not fight Chico and all the big names at SFW and fought JLC at his very 1st fight in LW and gave him an immediate rematcch?

Floyd is deep in his career and in his 5th divsion. Most guys have no fear when they are in there prime weight class, espically when you are making a guy like Dawson come down to your exact weight. Would Floyd fear anyone at SFW? Thats why the argument makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Pac would sign to fight ward because he'd have the leverage if ward was at 147 and wouldn't be concerned about purse split.
                      This is also true. The business of boxing is to blame for Pacman/Floyd never happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X