Why not Pacquiao vs. Bradley?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Because Bradley would beat Pac and he doesn't bring in enough money
    I don't know about beat but this is basically why. He's a high risk-low reward fight for Pacquiao. Bradley would give Pac a good fight. For people who follow boxing this is a GREAT fight. But Bob Arum ALWAYS caters to the casual fans. That's why we're probably going to get Pac-Cotto II.

I'm not gonna support Pac-Cotto II, but I would've bought a Pac-Bradley fight. Unfortunately, I'm in the minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
      Apart from Cotto being a bigger name with a proven track record when it comes to PPV, I think TR want to build Bradley up a little more. Throwing him in with Pacquiao now - even though he wants it - might ruin him.
      Na, Pacquiao won't ruin Bradley. Tim Bradley is like 29 and he's been fighting world class fighters for quite a while. He's got a solid resume at 140 and outside of Khan, he's beaten pretty much all the top fighters in his weight class. He's about as ready as someone can be to take on Pacquiao.

Comment

wow there are some biased people on here, you relaly think bradley for sure beats pac? i think he has very little chance of winning but hey, I think khan still boxes bradleys ears off, anyways i dont see what there really is not to like aobut pac, to each thier own.. I do blame both sides for floyd and pac though

Comment

Because Pacquiao needs a "look good" fight especially after his last two outings.
          Win lose or draw, Bradley would make Pacquiao look dog **** awful when they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
            Because Pacquiao needs a "look good" fight especially after his last two outings.
            Win lose or draw, Bradley would make Pacquiao look dog **** awful when they fight.
            this^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              If you didn't seem as smart as you do. I would have thought that you're an alt of LarryX. But, you're the 2nd coming of LarryX with as many threads you create.

To answer your question the main reason why they would choose Cotto over Bradley. Is because Cotto brings more fans so more money. More PPV sells with the less risk or at the very risk the same amount of risk. Than what Bradley would bring.

It does suck though. I rather have Pac-Bradley than Pac-Cotto II. The latter is just a waste a time. Been there, done that. Lets get some new blood in the mix.

That is why I liked Floyd-Ortiz so much. Not because Ortiz was a threat(I never saw him as a threat) I really never thought much of Ortiz. And, still don't. I don't think he's that good, I think he is an average at best type fighter. But, it was new blood in there. Not the same past prime recycled fighter.
              I only do to see what other people really think. Not sure if I should take your comment as offensive or a slight compliment????????? I know why it's not Pacquiao vs. Bradley, just wanted to see what other people think. I do think, when the time is right, Arum will let Pac fight Bradley, and if Bradley wins (very possible), Bob has his new star. I think Bradley is a little underrated on this site, because of the headbutts and he's not a heavy puncher. He's better than people give him credit for, and his resume is better than people give him credit for.

Comment

i thought after Margarito, Pac was done with these **** matchups, cuz he had cleaned out the Mosley's and Clotteys of the world.

Then suddenly Cotto came up.

No wonder Cotto was lined up with garbage fighters like Foreman, Mayorga and Margarito. Easy wins to resurrect his career

They knew all along, he would be milked again down the line.

Arum needs to just go away, this is embarrassing

No Pac-Bradley because Arum is either looking out for Bradley or not done hyping him up. Which makes no sense since Pac-Bradley would do over 1 million buys anyway

Comment

This is the fight that the fans would accept next, not Cotto. Who is a BUM.Cotto is a BUM.If Arum picks Cotto. I have lost respect I had for Mr Bob Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonitard View Post
                    i thought after Margarito, Pac was done with these **** matchups, cuz he had cleaned out the Mosley's and Clotteys of the world.

Then suddenly Cotto came up.

No wonder Cotto was lined up with garbage fighters like Foreman, Mayorga and Margarito. Easy wins to resurrect his career

They knew all along, he would be milked again down the line.

Arum needs to just go away, this is embarrassing
                    Agree. Pac hasn't had a really legit fight since Cotto in 09'. If he were to fight Cotto at 154, that's legit. But....at 147 now, really??? Even Marquez was thought to be past his prime and terrible at 144 lbs, but Juan surprised the hell out of everyone. Maybe Floyd should actually get his due for dominating Marquez over 2 years ago at 144???

Comment

I'd love Pacquiao-Bradley. Bradley deserves it, and Pacquiao should fight someone like Bradley to eliminate all the "he only fights past prime, one dimensional fighters" stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X