No announcement yet.

Breaking news: Ward-abraham dispute resolved; fight is on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    He will need to be! I think its finally dawned on him and his team that against the top guys and at SMW And outta Europe that he cant afford to just tuck up for long periods like he has been doing and getting away with it prior to the super six. Thing is the dude just Oozes menace and power When he lets the shots go with mean intentions, Ward is talented and tough as well as being mentally solid, i rate the guy very highly and he is my pick but he CAN be hurt and by a far lesser puncher than Abraham so King Arthur is in with a chance and while pushing AA backward may be the smart thing to do (he cant fight backing up) and Ward is capable of this, (bull strong, clever and a great in-fighter) he may end up walking onto an Abraham Bomb and that may be that.....

I agree with you and he should really do some more work inside the ring, but question is if an old dog can learn new tricks or if we'll see him tuck up as he usually does.
    You definitely not wanna be hit with a bomb from Abraham if you are Ward. I think that if Ward goes in, as you suggest, as the aggressor he'll get hit sooner or later, because Abraham won't back off unless Ward gives him a whuppin! Question is how Ward can handle that one big punch. But,

As I've said before I actually think Abrahams punching power is a bit overrated especially at SMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
      I agree with you and he should really do some more work inside the ring, but question is if an old dog can learn new tricks or if we'll see him tuck up as he usually does.
      You definitely not wanna be hit with a bomb from Abraham if you are Ward. I think that if Ward goes in, as you suggest, as the aggressor he'll get hit sooner or later, because Abraham won't back off unless Ward gives him a whuppin! Question is how Ward can handle that one big punch. But,

As I've said before I actually think Abrahams punching power is a bit overrated especially at SMW.
      I dunno man, i know he hasnt exactly been lighting the SMW's up but i think the punch is still there jmo.

Ward has options and could outbox his man kinda like he did in the Miranda fight but that gives Abraham the confidence to keep coming forward and he knows he has to let his hands go this time. Back him up and he's hopeless and his confidence will drop and then he's in ur pocket. But the guy is strong and can crack so its a big risk. Im sure Andre and Virgill will know what to do tho and are capable of adapting if things dont feel right.

Good point about an old dog learning new tricks tho, i think he can but ur right some fighters just seem to have an inbuilt flaw where they just tuck up to much like say a Clottey. Its just in them and is a flaw just the same as a weak chin or lack of power is.

Comment

It's all or nothing for Abraham now, he's finished if he loses.

Comment

I think a likely scenario is that Ward will slow dance him to death. The holding and maybe butting will frustrate AA who will then not be able to control himself, since he will be losing bigtime anyway, and he will do something again that will either have him lose points or get DQed again.

Comment

I think Ward is going to frustrate the heck out of Abraham. Thus resulting in Abraham doing something stupid and getting DQed prob. Virgil is good at coming up with several gameplans for fights, and Ward is great at carrying them out. Abraham has a punchers chance and that's it.

Comment

Working...
            X