Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did you have Barrera ranked before the Pacquiao fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you have Barrera ranked before the Pacquiao fight?

I had him a very close #2 Pound for Pound and he had the best argument for being ranked over Roy during that 9 year stretch of Toney-Tarver II
    Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 03-24-2011, 04:02 PM.

Definitely top five, probably top three.

Comment

If I remember correctly I had him at #4, maybe #3 like The Ring did.

I can't really remember but he was unquestionablly top 5, though.

Comment

I am guessing if you had him 3 then that means you had Hopkins #2 correct? I thought Barrera at that point had proven more the Hopkins.

Either way 2000-2004 were some of the greatest years for boxing the P4P top 10 was filled with A level fighters at or very close to there prime(Roy Barrera Morales Pacquiao Hopkins DLH Mosley Kostya Winky Toney Mayweather)

Comment

I think I had him around #6? It was unforgettable, what Pacquiao did to him.

Comment

officially he shouldve been #2......then again, most people thought he had just lost to Morales.....(im one of those people)....so if you put that into perspective...

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
              officially he shouldve been #2......then again, most people thought he had just lost to Morales.....(im one of those people)....so if you put that into perspective...

Who thought Morales won? The 2nd fight was the only one that had a clear winner, Barrera.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                Who thought Morales won? The 2nd fight was the only one that had a clear winner, Barrera.
                That's funny, I see it the other way around. I had Barrera clearly winning I & III and 2 was very very close, but with Morales probably squeaking it. III was close, but Barrera built up a massive cushion in the first half of the fight and Morales rallied too late.

Comment

Working...
                X