No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    I'm honestly not sure, nearly everything is telling me that Pascal should win a comfortable decision, all the signs are there he's young, hungry, athletic, is talented and Hopkins is an old man who has lost the pop in his punches, but something is telling me that Hopkins is going too make this a very long night for Pascal, lots of dirty moves and such so he does just enough to win a decision. Hopkins has seen something in Pascal he could exploit, otherwise he wouldn't of took the fight, it's just a case of if he's overestimating himself and thinks that the aging body of his can keep up with Pascal enough to exploit them or if he's right.
    Keep in mind its in Quebec, he most likely won't get the chance to be as dirty as usual.

Comment

Hop or Pasquel, who ya got?

Who's everybody picking to win tonight and why? I THINK I had Pasquel in a boxing picks contest a friend of mine runs, but Im going to go with Hopkins here. I think he's going to turn back the clock and make history. Just call it a hunch.

Comment

I think Hopkins finally has to be getting to old but he has proved me wrong before.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Who's everybody picking to win tonight and why? I THINK I had Pasquel in a boxing picks contest a friend of mine runs, but Im going to go with Hopkins here. I think he's going to turn back the clock and make history. Just call it a hunch.
          I'm posting this as the fighters enter the ring. I believe Pascal will get the decision, whether he deserves it or not. The key to the fight is who dictates the pace. If Hopkins is able to control it, Pascal isn't coming out of this looking too good. Obviously JP wants a fast pace to make Hopkins feel his age.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            I'm posting this as the fighters enter the ring. I believe Pascal will get the decision, whether he deserves it or not. The key to the fight is who dictates the pace. If Hopkins is able to control it, Pascal isn't coming out of this looking too good. Obviously JP wants a fast pace to make Hopkins feel his age.
            Hopkins turned back the clock and deserved the decision. He was more active, more accurate. Pascal landed the better punches but the were few and far between the farther the fight progressed. I also didn't like the KD in the first and felt it was an illegal punch, but that is debatable. Excellent fight!

Comment

Hopkins turned back the clock and deserved the decision. He was more active, more accurate. Pascal landed the better punches but the were few and far between the farther the fight progressed. I also didn't like the KD in the first and felt it was an illegal punch, but that is debatable. Excellent fight!
              I totally agree with you, Jab. I gave Hopkins 8 rounds and my scorecard had him winning 114-112. Hopkins fought his best fought since the night he beat up Pavlik. There were some very close rounds, but Hopkins was consistent, especially with his left hooks to the body. If it weren't for the knockdowns, he would have won a unanimous decision.

Comment

This

Pascal threw the fight away. Had Hopkins up by 2 points. Nice lead rights, left hooks both to the head and body, and combination punching.

Hopkins got robbed of becoming the oldest man ever to win a title.
                Last edited by Chex31; 12-18-2010, 11:45 PM.

Comment

I thought both knockdowns were legit, but I also thought that Hopkins won. And it was SO much better than the horrible Jones fight earlier this year.

Comment

Fantastic fight, feel Hopkins should of won though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      I thought both knockdowns were legit, but I also thought that Hopkins won. And it was SO much better than the horrible Jones fight earlier this year.

I think I had Pascal in the picks contest, but the closer the fight got the more I favored Hop. The difference between this and the Jones fight was that Bernard really had nothing to lose here and seemed much more relaxed leading up to the fight. If he lost this, he was an old man. If he lost to Jones not only would it be the second time, but it would have been to a guy lesser fighters had already exposed as not being great any more. Thats how I read it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X