Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach ''Ruben Olivares Is The Greatest Mexican Fighter Of All Time''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask any Mexican fight fan they will tell you JCC. They may mention sanchez potential but the answer is always JCC.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      Ask any Mexican fight fan they will tell you JCC. They may mention sanchez potential but the answer is always JCC.
      That is because he has a special place in their hearts --- the answer is borne out of sentimentality as much as it is logical thinking.

Like I say, Chavez has a respectable claim, as does Sanchez --- but Olivares' stake is as good as theirs (better, for mine), & to use Chavez's popularity as a weapon in determining him the best Mexican fighter ever is flawed thinking.
      Last edited by Wild Blue Yonda; 12-01-2010, 10:21 PM.

Comment

I was lucky enough to see Olivares fight live a few times. He was a true master boxer/puncher. But he didn't always take good care of himself and doesn't rate as high as JCC or Sanchez, IMO. Not sure if JMM won't be ahead of him before he retires as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_Por_Libra View Post
          Robert Duran.

Duran is half Mexican.... that makes him Mexican.
          Duran would NEVER claim he's mesican!!!!! Don't blame him!!!! Who would????

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
            That is because he has a special place in their hearts --- the answer is borne out of sentimentality as much as it is logical thinking.

Like I say, Chavez has a respectable claim, as does Sanchez --- but Olivares' stake is as good as theirs (better, for mine), & to use Chavez's popularity as a weapon in determining him the best Mexican fighter ever is flawed thinking.

He has a special place because he beat everybody in his prime except a cheating overrated Pernell who still after repeated nutshots could only get a draw.

Comment

He has a special place because he beat everybody in his prime except a cheating overrated Pernell who still after repeated nutshots could only get a draw.
              JCC was well and truely beaten by Whitaker

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                JCC was well and truely beaten by Whitaker
                Nah JCC was winning the fight before Pernell had hit him with all the blatant nut shots and still Pernell gave away a few rounds after that. Its funny that a Pernell's signature win is a fight he didn't even win. Without JCC all of Pernell's best wins are against past there prime fighters like Azumah and splitting with Ramirez.

Pernell has the worst resume of any ATG

Comment

Nah JCC was winning the fight before Pernell had hit him with all the blatant nut shots and still Pernell gave away a few rounds after that. Its funny that a Pernell's signature win is a fight he didn't even win. Without JCC all of Pernell's best wins are against past there prime fighters like Azumah and splitting with Ramirez.

Pernell has the worst resume of any ATG
                  Whitaker could never make anyone look so bad as you are making yourself look right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
                    Whitaker could never make anyone look so bad as you are making yourself look right now.
                    What did I say that was incorrect?

Comment

Whitaker trounced Chavez, & no one capable of scoring a fight would've seen it any other way.

Comment

Working...
                      X