No announcement yet.

Just Watched Cotto/Clottey for the first time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
    115-112 Clottey......if Cotto fought the SAME fight Clottey fought he would have won a UD and NOT a SD imo!!!
    I had the same score.

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum29 View Post
      Well it's true Cotto ran a little bit but it's arguable that he was running because he couldn't see out of his eye, and the reason for that ofcourse is that Clottey headbutted the **** out of him.
      which wasnt intentional and that baldomir DQ was really bad officiating on the referees part..also you say you "like" clottey more than cotto..but right now your making excuses for him running in the championship rounds? everyone is quick to jump on clottey's case about "not throwing enough in the championship rounds" but what the **** was cotto doing? RUNNING!! YOU HAVE TO ENGAGE YOUR OPPONENT TO WIN THE GODDAMN ROUND IN WHICH CLOTTEY WAS ATTEMPTING TO DO BUT COTTO DECIDED HE WANTED TO RUN

Comment

Originally posted by tymann23 View Post
        which wasnt intentional and that baldomir DQ was really bad officiating on the referees part..also you say you "like" clottey more than cotto..but right now your making excuses for him running in the championship rounds? everyone is quick to jump on clottey's case about "not throwing enough in the championship rounds" but what the **** was cotto doing? RUNNING!! YOU HAVE TO ENGAGE YOUR OPPONENT TO WIN THE GODDAMN ROUND IN WHICH CLOTTEY WAS ATTEMPTING TO DO BUT COTTO DECIDED HE WANTED TO RUN
        He was "running" yet throwing much more punches than Clottey too. Ironic isn't it?

Comment

Stop hatin on my boy cotto, ****in big head busted his eye open. So cut Cotto some slack 4 not going to the cards when he easily could have won by chosing the easy path. Clottey did feel Cottos power or he what of Zab Judah his ass, compeesh?

Comment

He was "running" yet throwing much more punches than Clottey too. Ironic isn't it?
            KEY WORD "THROWING" DOESNT MEAN THEY LANDED..I HAVE WATCHED THIS FIGHT A FEW TIMES AND EVERYTIME IVE WATCHED IT I SEE COTTO RUNNING IN THE 12TH ROUND throwing at air while clottey is landing precise punches on him..if one fighter throws 60 and lands 10 or 11 punches in the round and the other throws 40 and lands 15, in which is highly noticeable if you watch the fight carefully. in my opinion quality should be over quantity..but cotto is the big star so the better fighter has to go home with nothing. thats politics

Comment

Why so much bitchin in this forum?

Comment

KEY WORD "THROWING" DOESNT MEAN THEY LANDED..I HAVE WATCHED THIS FIGHT A FEW TIMES AND EVERYTIME IVE WATCHED IT I SEE COTTO RUNNING IN THE 12TH ROUND throwing at air while clottey is landing precise punches on him..if one fighter throws 60 and lands 10 or 11 punches in the round and the other throws 40 and lands 15, in which is highly noticeable if you watch the fight carefully. in my opinion quality should be over quantity..but cotto is the big star so the better fighter has to go home with nothing. thats politics
                Your problem is you simply don't know how to score a boxing match. I would go over the rules if I were you and then you will see that Cotto won.

Comment

I saw Cotto winning by a point as well, Clottey shouldnt complain, he got droped for 1 thing and you cant expect the judges to hand over the belt at best the fight should of been a draw. It seemed like he didnt want that belt beacause he just didnt do enough late in the fight, the championship rounds..the rounds that leave an impression those are key rounds.

Comment

Your problem is you simply don't know how to score a boxing match. I would go over the rules if I were you and then you will see that Cotto won.
                    clean punching, defense, ring generalship and effective aggression..there is a difference between ring generalship and RUNNING like cotto was..what i saw from clottey was clean punching, affective aggression, defense and ring generalship almost the ENTIRE FIGHT..if anyone doesnt know how to score a boxing match its you..and how you could have mosley beating cotto and not clottey then i dont know what your smoking..cotto clearly outpointed mosley

Comment

clean punching, defense, ring generalship and effective aggression..there is a difference between ring generalship and RUNNING like cotto was..what i saw from clottey was clean punching, affective aggression, defense and ring generalship almost the ENTIRE FIGHT..if anyone doesnt know how to score a boxing match its you..and how you could have mosley beating cotto and not clottey then i dont know what your smoking..cotto clearly outpointed mosley
                      Good job you parroted the criteria points, but do you know what they actually mean? Do you know what effective aggression means? Effective means that you use your aggression to actually do something to the opponent, i.e. punch and hit them. Clottey had INEFFECTIVE aggression for the majority of the fight because he chased Cotto around while barely throwing or landing anything and having Cotto flurry on him constantly in return. Basically a complete replay of DLH/Sturm.

Comment

Working...
                      X