No announcement yet.

Nwahs_!!, yer opinion on Blackstone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purity2 View Post
    amen. ****, i think i'm gonna print this thread out and file it away. so you think that once Blackstone releases it's ****ty numbers people will get emotional, sell off some more, lower the share price, and then it'll be in a better buy position? assuming of course that more concrete evidence has surfaced by then that the banking industry could be on the upswing...

i've always heard, and seen, bad news about day trading but i'm assuming that most of these cases were with traders that were trading emotionally, rather than logically researching what they were getting into, right?
    That is what I believe. Right now BX is going up based on emotion, but once they release earnings (Im not sure when that will be) It will go down, and that is when it will be time to buy, provided the banking industry has stabalized.

If the banking industry is still ****ty, BX will have another down quarter after this one, but if the banks turn it around, and I suspect they will, BX should be a strong buy.

The whole market is a good buy right now. Most people panic when the market is getting hammered, but I love it.

This is when fortunes are made.

Comment

i've always heard, and seen, bad news about day trading but i'm assuming that most of these cases were with traders that were trading emotionally, rather than logically researching what they were getting into, right?
      That is pretty much it. Many day traders try to trade on momentum, these are the guys that usually get hammered, and unfortunately, this is how most traders start out. Fortunately, the ones that don't lose all of their money, usually learn.

Ive had my stints of momentum trading, Ive made and lost more money at it than I care to admit,I even do a few momentum trades now and then just for the thrill, but it is risky business. Fortunately, I was smart enough to do it with spare cash and not my main account. Its never a good idea to make trades without an understanding of the company behind the symbol.

Comment

So how long would you recommend holding on to it for.......Apple also?

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
          good question. when DO you actually sell off? i remember you mentioning how pigs get slaughtered. do you have an initial pre-determined sell price that you aim for before the buy with each stock?

Comment

I never set a time period for how long I will hold onto something. That is setting yourself up for disaster.

I hold onto something until I feel that I should sell it.

It might be a week, it might be a month, it might be a year, it might be two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Nwahs !! View Post
              I never set a time period for how long I will hold onto something. That is setting yourself up for disaster.

I hold onto something until I feel that I should sell it.

It might be a week, it might be a month, it might be a year, it might be two years.
              I see......rough est? like 25 dollars a share or 30? What do you thinks it's potential might be?

Comment

Holy ****! you're a ****ing genious nwahs. That appell petro you were talking about just shot through the roof up 83%!

Comment

good question. when DO you actually sell off? i remember you mentioning how pigs get slaughtered. do you have an initial pre-determined sell price that you aim for before the buy with each stock?
                  Kind of. When I get down and do the math, I set a price target, but it is just that, a target.

The stock market is dynamic, and a price target that seems reasonable today, might not be reasonable tomorrow.

Usually I sell off when I don't want to. I use my own feeling as a gauge. When I get that feeling that I want to hold onto something because it will keep going up, thats when I sell half of my position. Then if it keeps going up, I sell another half.

If it keeps going up after that, I will usually sell the rest. What makes the market difficult is that what is the right thing to do, and what feels like the right thing to do are usually never the same.

Usually if something is up 20% I will sell half of my position immediately, but it really depends on the type of play it is, and what my goals are for the company.

Some companies I will sell off at 2% gains, its all really dependent. There is no real set formula, which makes it confusing if you are looking for a set formula.

Comment

I see......rough est? like 25 dollars a share or 30? What do you thinks it's potential might be?
                    yes. Usually I set price targets by rating my subjective "p4p" rating of the company in regards to its competitors, and comparing their p/e.

Comment

Holy ****! you're a ****ing genious nwahs. That appell petro you were talking about just shot through the roof up 83%!
                      I believe you mistyped the stock symbol. I was talking about AAPL, not APPL.

Although, you might see those types of gains in the next few months from AAPL which is Apple Inc.

Comment

Working...
                      X