No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton=glorified clubfighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Hatton=glorified clubfighter

I'm sorry, i know i'm being disrespectful to a fighter but it amazes me how Hatton became as popular as he has.
    In a previous thread i recounted what Hatton had done since Kostya and its not very impressive at all.
    I've never liked his style and ive never believed he is what i'd call 'true' world class (a fighter who consistently performs at world level with impressive performances) his two most impressive wins since Tzsyu were against a washed up lightweight and a feather fisted Magic Man. The two 'elite' fighters he has now faced both knocked him cold.
    Of course it is because of his huge fan base that he has managed to become a major attraction and become very wealthy, as a fighter i would say he isnt as good as Gatti, a fighter he has regularly been compared to.
    Ricky Hatton out-hustled Tzsyu since then struggled against mediocre opposition (no disrespect Collazo) looked ok a couple of times and got ko'd by the best fighters he has faced, surely never p4p material and certainly not worth a 10 million price tag?

Agreed Hatton is a bralwer/slugger and got found out on two occasions. That knockout was devasting last night and showed the difference between a technically elite fighter vs clubfighter

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
      Agreed Hatton is a bralwer/slugger and got found out on two occasions. That knockout was devasting last night and showed the difference between a technically elite fighter vs clubfighter
      This particular clubfighter must be worth in the region of £20 million!
      I'd just like to mirror what many others are saying on this forum and say that Hatton really didnt look like he knew what he was doing, he didnt look like he had any sort of plan at all, having said that Pac has got to be one of the hardest guys to apply a method to, he comes in so fast and at so many angles.
      Hatton should retire now and enjoy the money he has conned out of fans, for what its worth Hatton is no hall of famer imo

Comment

Working...
      X