Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucian Butes weakness, what is it in your opinion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucian Butes weakness, what is it in your opinion?

Love lucian bute, he has one of the most beautiful ko's in the history of boxing in my opinion. That ko of berrios was sick as hell.
    Stamina
    43.75%
    Chin
    6.25%
    Heart
    6.25%
    Other
    25.00%
    both stamina and chin
    18.75%
    all the above
    0.00%

That is a pretty limited list. I don't think he's lacking particularly in any of those. He has only tired and been seriously hurt once, and he showed great heart in finishing that fight. His problem is that he can't fight inside. Anyone who pressures him and succeeds at it is going to give him trouble. Andrade doesn't do anything special except not giving up on his relentless pressure and he should have a KO win over Bute. It is the same weakness that got Andy Lee against Brian Vera, for example. As talented and as gifted as a fighter can be, if they can't fight inside they are going to have serious issues when they run into a guy who refuses to take no for an answer when they try to get in.

Comment

I heard it was kryptonite. Or cream cake.

Comment

His fans...........

Comment

Canada!.. when hes low on canadians he will lose....

Comment

Not sticking to a gameplan that was working perfectly for him.

When the fans started to chant, he tried to KO Andrade, exchanging punches with him in close. That was a poor strategy.

He had the fight won, then he stopped fighting his fight, and fought Andrade's fight instead.

Bute wasn't tired at the end of the fight, he appeared tired because he had been badly hurt by several of Andrade's left hooks. He was almost out on his feet, not from exhaustion but from Andrade's punches, long before he finally went down.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
              Not sticking to a gameplan that was working perfectly for him.

When the fans started to chant, he tried to KO Andrade, exchanging punches with him in close. That was a poor strategy.

He had the fight won, then he stopped fighting his fight, and fought Andrade's fight instead.

Bute wasn't tired at the end of the fight, he appeared tired because he had been badly hurt by several of Andrade's left hooks. He was almost out on his feet, not from exhaustion but from Andrade's punches, long before he finally went down.
              I think he'd have eventually gotten in trouble anyway. Whether his stamina is in question or not, I can't say...he was moving more than Andrade was, but I think his biggest problem is that he was in the ring with a guy who can, and does, throw alot of punches over 12 rounds, can take a HUGE shot (remember Andrade against Kessler?), and he let himself get drawn into a slugging match (as Tunney suggested) he couldn't possibly win. If Kessler couldn't KO Andrade, Bute had absolutely no chance of it. And because of that decision, he gassed badly, lost his mobility, got caught, and so on.

Also....and I think most important...I really like Andrade, and I think the Boxing Gods were smiling down on me in the 12th that night. If they'd been really with me, though, he'd have gotten to Bute in the 11th instead, and actually gotten the TKO win on his record.

Bute has alot going for him, but he's going to have to keep his head on straight or he'll end up on a losing streak on account of sheer, callow, youth.

Comment

I think it got to the point of throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Andrade and finding himself unable to deter him. He got tired, frustrated and let the fight slip away.

If they rematch immediately, either he will totally dominate Andrade, or Andrade will totally dominate him. Bute won the fight on paper, but was totally broken at the end of it. He will need a confidence boosting fight or two before facing Andrade again.

Credit to Andrade for firing right till the last bell. The guy is relentless. I cannot envision anyone wanting to fight him. He is actually a much improved fighter over the one that fought Kessler. He seems less awestruck and believes in himself more now and that can make all the difference in the world.

Comment

Working...
                X