Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Kovalev / Duva DON'T Accept Ward's terms, then Kova was content with the Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just make the ****ing fight. If not, both guys are out of options. There's too many good fights coming up to get worried about two guys that aren't fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Ward a Fraud you can't be serious Math..
      The guy in your Avi AND siggy was beaten by a Fraud

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
        LMFAO, what split....you can't split peanuts....the promoters split the revenue and Ward is unhappy with getting 5 million generating 0 profit...GTFO
        ignorance.

Do you know how 5 million breaks down? HALF OF THAT at least goes to uncle sam, then ward pays his people, his expenses. Its just not that much money at all. Its not Ward's job to generate shizzle, its his job to manage his career and fight to win. Look at the job the promoters have done and you will see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          I think they should accept the split that was part of the original agreement. If Ward retires, regardless, he will forever be remembered as a fraud. He can't escape that fate, and it can't be explained away.
          They already trying, WTF is wrong with these boxing fans that seem to only be fans of a certain race of boxers. They are the weirdest people in life lmfao they cant keep it real for shit.

Comment

I agree.... I don't get all these fans of his that want to support him being unreasonable with his demands, the first fight lost money from what I gather so why would a fan of the sport support someone asking for more.

It's like a poster on here said, some of these guys are just here to watch their favourite fighters get paid.

Ward is my dude but I'm a fan of the sport before any fighter. I can't support any BS no matter how much I like the fighter and this is some BS from Ward.
            What is Ward asking for? I haven't heard either side mention what they would like to receive for the rematch. Who's putting up the money for their purse?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              What are the terms first off?

If Ward agreed to a rematch deal with clear outlines for the winner or just for him then he's on the line to meet those agreements or retire...or offer Kovalev step aside money if he wants to fight someone else.

If its unclear what the terms are for a rematch then I agree Ward gots room to play with & Kovalev & Main Events need to bend to attempt to get the L avenged.

Main thing is what the f#ck are the terms?!?!? Without knowing that idk that there is much of anything to debate except speculation on what the terms could be that are holding up anything concrete becoming of this rematch.
              I don't have any of the details, but I'd find it really peculiar if Andre Ward or anyone in Ward's camp, with his HBO deal up after the bout, would agree to a contract that had all the terms already set for the first fight and the rematch in the same deal.

To hear the world tell it, Timothy Bradley was supposed to have an immediate rematch worth $10m with Manny Pacquiao that he never saw.

All sides have publicly acknowledged that the rematch clause is in place, and that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                If you want a fight you don't set out unreasonable demands, exhibit A: Canelo offering Golovkin a flat fee for the biggest fight in the sport. If Ward wants to rematch Kovalev he will follow the terms set out in the clause. This is not a financial superfight as proven by the first fight PPV figures.

Ward makes it sound like it was he that got 2 million and Kovalev that got 5 million. Aren't you one of the guys that think Golovkin should accept a flat fee for Canelo, why are you pushing for Ward to get more money when he got more than double Sergey's purse the first time round. It's up to Roc Nation to get the extra money Ward is looking for, if they can't do that then he should retire instead of stalling Kovalev's attempt to regain the belts.
                Alvarez offered Golovkin $15 million dollars! Call it whatever you want, but the offer was for 3-4 times what Golovkin got to go to England, which was basically double what Golovkin's seen on any other fight.

Even if you settle on a 3:1 split of the proceeds (which is a figure that is shorting Alvarez), you're talking about splitting $60m between the fighters ($10m site fee, with ~$120m on PPV, basically the amount cleared on ODLH-Mayweather, needed to cover). lol

Main Events controlled the first fight, paid Ward whatever his check was, but made sure that Main Events/HBO were running a show he was fighting on; Ward getting his money up front, with Main Events keeping all of the other revenues (Sky Sports picking up the fight in the UK, fight being carried on Russia's biggest channel live, MGM Resorts paying the hosting fee, etc) makes it unclear that we'd ever know what Kovalev's final take on the fight was.

That changes in the rematch; Ward has the three belts, Ward is seen as the top dog at 175lbs now, and Ward owes no obligations to anyone but RNS and his management team.

Main Events and Roc Nation will likely end up being 50/50 partners on the entire event for the rematch; both companies jointly shopping for the best venue deal, both companies maxing out the international TV, both companies angling to max out the sponsors, both companies sharing in the build for the event and, most importantly, both companies sharing in the proceeds on the backend of the event.

Comment

Bottom line is the money is not even there for a rematch. No investor is interested. This is not charity. This is business.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                    The terms for the rematch were in the original contract. If ward wants to get extra money from roc nation on the side, that's whatever, but nothing needs to be negotiated if the fighters honor their contracts (something that ward tends not to do)
                    Alvarez and Chavez Jr are due to fight this coming May, and have a rematch clause in their agreement.

Do you honestly believe that the financial terms for that rematch (purse on the front end, share of the back end, share on the live gate, etc) are already set?

use your head for a moment

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                      Who's making the offer, first of all? HBO would probably rather just forget about this rematch completely. Who would be crazy enough to fund this profitless fight again? Only way this fight happens is Andre Ward reducing his guarantee. Funny part is he wants more. Both sides may be waiting for nothing.
                      Roc Nation Sports, in association with Main Events, presents Ward-Kovalev II, from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NYC.

The rematch is going to be a bigger fight than the first fight and, if Main Events isn't looking to finance the rematch, I don't doubt that Roc Nation would be more than happy to take on the event, especially if taking on the event would guarantee that they'd be able to stage a massive event in their home borough.

Comment

Working...
                      X