Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just watched and scored Parker-Ruiz Jr. for the very first time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched and scored Parker-Ruiz Jr. for the very first time...

Never seen this fight before. Well, I say "fight".

Fuck me. When I hear a fight is "controversial", I expect the controversy to be the choice between the two fighters... not a choice between whether I want to fall into a coma or cut my own dick off out of boredom.

It's okay for Ruiz to go "I thought I won that", but the daft cunt didn't even take his bra off until the last three rounds. He was trudging around with those slow feet of his like Carl Froch in a bear trap wading through treacle.

Parker did his "jab and move", and it went his way for me. Here's how I scored the cunt, on my official score card:

1: Parker
    2: Ruiz
    3: Parker
    4: Parker
    5: Parker (all of the first 9 rounds were pretty close IMO, but this was the closest)
    6: Parker
    7: Parker
    8: Ruiz
    9: Parker
    10: Ruiz
    11: Ruiz
    12: Ruiz

So 115-113 Parker for me.

Ruiz has fast hands but SLOW feet. I just think, if you're gonna go on camera and say "I won that heavyweight championship of the world, yer cunts", then throw some punches FFS.

I'm not saying Parker was exactly breaking the compubox records either, but at least he was doing SOMETHING. For a lot of the early to mid rounds Ruiz was trudging around frustrated like someone had told him McDonald's were closing early.

Shit fight that was, why did I bother? Make "controversy" and "robberies" about fight that can at least keep you AWAKE.

Same score i had. all these 'robbery' talk is a load of rubbish & is bandied around at literally every single close fight nowdays ffs. Ruiz simply didnt do enough.

Comment

I've always been of the opinion you need to TAKE a belt off a champion. I think reasons like this are why there's never a lot of complaints fro the fighters camps, just a few soundbites to interviewers. They know they didn't do enough and if had worked harder would have won.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
        I've always been of the opinion you need to TAKE a belt off a champion. I think reasons like this are why there's never a lot of complaints fro the fighters camps, just a few soundbites to interviewers. They know they didn't do enough and if had worked harder would have won.
        Well, that's a debate for another time, maybe (I think if you're a challenger and you win more rounds, you win, but maybe..) but wasn't this for a vacant belt?

I just think if I was Ruiz Jr. I wouldn't be going "yeah, I won that fucker, you know"... I'd be trying to bury the memory of it and hope no one watches it. That was a TURD.

I'm not saying it was bad, but I was sat there wishing the Ruiz I was watching was John.

Comment

Most don't think it was a robbery but like me would have had it a draw or given the close decision to Ruiz. No great controversy but before beating AJ, Parker was his best opponent. When Ruiz was announced as an opponent and many were claiming Ruiz was a bum, this was the fight to point to and say that against top competition, Ruiz didn't fold, many thought he more than held his own.

Comment

You're point? Fighters lose, hell Ruiz may lose 10 more times in his career but it don't away anything from him now.

Comment

Agreed. I watched the fight recently and don't get the robbery outcry. It was close though.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                Well, that's a debate for another time, maybe (I think if you're a challenger and you win more rounds, you win, but maybe..) but wasn't this for a vacant belt?

I just think if I was Ruiz Jr. I wouldn't be going "yeah, I won that fucker, you know"... I'd be trying to bury the memory of it and hope no one watches it. That was a TURD.

I'm not saying it was bad, but I was sat there wishing the Ruiz I was watching was John.

Very good point and yes you are correct. I agree with you, you would want to distance yourself from performances like that especially now if people are paying attention. I was just generalising. It was for a vacant. Joseph Parker annoys me for this reason though. If he fought all his fights as he fought the last rounds of Joshuas fight he would be in a very different place right now. At the time I didn't mind him winning as I figured he had more overall potential than Ruiz. I'm torn now. I like him but he keeps letting me down hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                  Most don't think it was a robbery but like me would have had it a draw or given the close decision to Ruiz. No great controversy but before beating AJ, Parker was his best opponent. When Ruiz was announced as an opponent and many were claiming Ruiz was a bum, this was the fight to point to and say that against top competition, Ruiz didn't fold, many thought he more than held his own.
                  tbh, considering the Parker-Joshua fight was similarly uneventful, and Ruiz was largely contained by Parker, I can see why people would have put 2 + 2 and made 5.

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  You're point? Fighters lose, hell Ruiz may lose 10 more times in his career but it don't away anything from him now.
                  No, it's "your".

There's no "point", I just wanted to watch this Ruiz cat and see more of him. So I scored the fight and told you about it.

I didn't say anything about him now. I'm surprised you didn't call me a "bias Brit" while you're at it. Chill and get yourself some tacos, amigo.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
                    Very good point and yes you are correct. I agree with you, you would want to distance yourself from performances like that especially now if people are paying attention. I was just generalising. It was for a vacant. Joseph Parker annoys me for this reason though. If he fought all his fights as he fought the last rounds of Joshuas fight he would be in a very different place right now. At the time I didn't mind him winning as I figured he had more overall potential than Ruiz. I'm torn now. I like him but he keeps letting me down hahahaha
                    What annoys me about Parker is how readily he accepts defeat.

"Strewth, yeah, I lost that one, sport. Ah well, never mind, back to me barbie, eh?"

Comment

Working...
                    X