Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren Fires Back at Hearn, Rolls Eyes at Matchroom DAZN Shows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren Fires Back at Hearn, Rolls Eyes at Matchroom DAZN Shows

Frank Warren came out swinging in the direction of his promotional rival, Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport. Warren was fired up over some of the recent statements made by Hearn, who was somewhat critical of the recent Las Vegas debut of Tyson Fury. Fury, who Warren promotes, demolished no-hoper Tom Schwarz in two rounds at the MGM Grand.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well frank is off about the most popular heavyweight business but the rest of it is on the money. Fast Eddie really has no business attempting to criticise frank and bob considering the woefully underperforming shows he had done on dazn....particularly those that were out in the middle of nowhere and it’s empty arenas

Comment

Warren seems to think that if he just says things they will become true. Seriously that card was crap. Couldn't even spark out Schwarz. Even with Schwarz just standing there he couldn't spark him out...sad spectacle. No one knows fury and if they do they're unimpressed..

Comment

That Ether

"[Hearn[ claimed that Tyson Fury’s Box Office entry into Las Vegas last weekend suffered by comparison with Anthony Joshua’s US debut in New York. Besides the fact Tyson’s debut on ESPN generated a far bigger audience than AJ’s did on DAZN, I heard they hardly got any new subscribers but, more importantly, Tyson cemented his number one status and profile in the US by winning his fight in style, while brand Joshua was exposed in front of the Yanks," Warren told Talk Sport.

"Matchroom and their mouthpiece-in-chief should concern themselves less about what we deliver to the fans on our Saturday night boxing and place more focus on banging the drum – and drum up a crowd – for their forthcoming hot tickets on DAZN. I bet the American audience can’t wait for his next big event when New Zealand’s Joe Parker faces off against Aussie Leapei, that is sure to be a huge subscription driver for DAZN!"

Comment

I remember BigZ44 and I were cracking up to the BJs vs Shefat fight live here on NSB!

Comment

I think Warren has sold all his top fighters to Top Rank!

Comment

DAZN can hide behind their fake numbers because Nielsen doesn’t do ratings for apps. They can say whatever they want because no one monitors their numbers

Comment

Quite a jibe from Frank on the Parker-Leapei fight. But yes, who really cares about that fight, and who was really excited about the Fury-Schwarz match either.

Comment

Meanwhile Frank is putting on great shows like Saunders vs Isufi and Yarde vs Reeves. Hearn puts on some poor shows too but Warren's shows are on average much worse. Warren is basically a sham promoter for Bob Arum at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    That Ether

Parker vs Leapai isn't even the main event or chief support though so this is pretty dishonest. Andrade vs Sulecki is a very good fight. Warren sounds pathetic trying to defend that Fury vs Schwarz sham.

Comment

Working...
                    X