No announcement yet.

If Pacquiao beats Thurman he has to rank over Floyd historically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Duran has been koed but he's greater than hagler. Pac has more wins over jmm so that is greater than one cheated scales win. It's even better than one convincing win without cheated scales. 3 wins is better than 1 win. 2 wins even is better than 1 win.
    Being 8 division titilist is harder to do than being unbeaten...since when has an unbeaten record equated to entitlement to being considered the best? Joe calzaghe is not entitled to anything, neither is sven ottke so why should floyd be? .Being unbeaten has been done countless times, people are bored of it.

There are many reasons why a man can have losses on his record, whether You was drained, not in your prime, or had an off night or gave opponent 4 attempts. It happens and it don't take away your greatness, and there are just as many reasons why you'd have an unbeaten record, whether you were given gift decisions, fought in your own country only, drained people or just wanted things in favour all the time.

But what can't be mistaken is showing your greatness by taking risks being 8 division champ. That's harder to fake and is less down to luck. You won't see another 8 division titilist in your lifetime. There's no hiding place when your 8 division champ. There are hiding places to being unbeaten. Sven ottke, jc, and Floyd know that. Floyd knew that whilst ducking thurman to fight berto, Ggg and nelo at 152lb.

Pac s best of era already. Pac beating thurman confirms what Floyd already knows. You can tell Floyd he's greater than Pac as much as you want, and he will love to hear it, but he don't believe you.

Manny Pacquiao is an all time great. There is no denying that. 8 division champ will never be matched. What a feather in the cap. Manny was one of my favorite fighters. I won $100 in a friendly bet with a friend that he would beat Barrera. I think Manny is a helluva of a fighter.

But like I said when you are comparing greats, you have to go through there careers with a fight tooth comb to substantiate your argument. And you have to use facts to support your argument.

First off, Manny does not have 3 wins over Marquez. He is 2-1-1 Against him. Me personally I thought Manny won the first two and I thought Marquez won the last two. I do believe Manny is the greater fighter of the two but they really know how to hurt each other. Outside of the brutal KO that suffered at the hands of Marquez, all of their fights were life and death. Floyd put on a boxing clinic against Marquez. Easy work. No rematch needed. Floyd won that, clearly no debating.

You bring up Joe Calzaghe and Ottke. The should be applauded for their amazing record. Especially Calzaghe. The problem for them historical is that they fought most of their career abroad. Not a look of vig names on their resume. The were not fighting on the highest level. Never even fought each other. I interviewed Calzaghe before the Lacy fight and he claimed Ottke was ducking him. So who knows. The point is they did not fight in the top league. Floyd has his whole career.

While Floyd undefeated and untied record is remarkable thats not the only thing that makes him better. He been in the spotlight his whole career. Fought champion after champion. Beat them all in a variety of ways. When he no longer was at his physical peak he changed his style up to remain successful. He became more economical. More precise. He did that for 19 years. Undefeated for 19 years. That's almost impossible. You think he was 100% every night. No way. Hes only human. We've seen him fight with a bum shoulder and win, broken hands and won. We've seen him badly hurt and won. Being in the ring mano o mano reveals character. Floyd always made the adjustment.

The best fight that represents Floyd greatness is the fight with Canelo imho. Significantly younger challenger at his physicsl peak. While Floyd was 36. Another boxing clinic where he took Canelo to school. The haters couldn't believe what they saw. So they call a man with well over 40 fights green, a 9 year vet green, a man in his physicsl prime green. Lol. They also bring up the contracted weight as an issue. Once you decide to enter that right, the excuses stop. Go win the fight.

You're using Floyd not fighting internationally as a pro to make an argument as to why Manny is greater. Once against the USA is the big leagues. This is where the best competition lies, that's why all the top fighters fight here. Who is this fighter Internationally that Floyd should have fought?

But last but not least in their legacy defining fight Floyd beat him. You can use the shoulder excuse. But Arum said Pac hurt his shoulder in the DeLaHoya.

This is rather easy

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Floyd started boxing at 130 by the age of 19 years old.

Manny at 19 was a 112 pounder, and by the age of 25 was still a 126 pounder wich is lower than a 19 years old Floyd.

By the age Floyd was a welterweight, Manny was still fighting at 130 where Floyd was fighting by the age of 19.

So I disagree with that Flomesque urban legend that Floyd and Manny are/were/ coulda woulda been about the same size.
      Show me the fight night weights from 130 up and there is about 4lb between them all the way from 130 to 147.

Its funny how guys try and make Floyd out to be a giant and Manny a midget.

Comment

Is Thurman really Thurman anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
          floyd duck thurman when he's still 36 now pac is a part time boxer and 40 he will fight thurman and hater are making excuses for thurman. lmao.
          Yup... lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Y

I understand this bothers you a great deal but you should be able to let your feelings go. That is what a mature adult would do. Instead you continually try to come up with some way to make Manny better solely because you like him more.
            Listen to this guy.

You can make a case that Manny trumps Floyd simply because he fought and beat more prime guys than Floyd, and Floyd ignoring Thurman when Thurman was far more deserved than Berto is par for the cherrypicking course.

These little insecure Floyd Boys; it always has to be about hating their boy.

Comment

You have no credibility whatsoever. You asked Floyd to do something in order to be an ATG. When he did, you deleted the post rather than just admit he did something you said he wouldn't.

It's fine that you love Manny but there is a reason he is never ranked ahead of Floyd on any credible, unbiased ranking of boxers. This was before Floyd beat him so beating him only reinforces this.

I understand this bothers you a great deal but you should be able to let your feelings go. That is what a mature adult would do. Instead you continually try to come up with some way to make Manny better solely because you like him more.

Shameful, pathetic and immature.
              Originally posted by djtmal View Post
              Listen to this guy.

You can make a case that Manny trumps Floyd simply because he fought and beat more prime guys than Floyd, and Floyd ignoring Thurman when Thurman was far more deserved than Berto is par for the cherrypicking course.

These little insecure Floyd Boys; it always has to be about hating their boy.
              It's very easy to tell whose comments are rooted in hate for Floyd. Guys like you and Hugh Grant are perfect examples of posters whose comments are rooted only in hate.

In his case, I document it above. In your case it's documented several ways. For example, you called for the Floyd/Mosley fight predicting Mosley would win. Then when Floyd won, you later called it a cherrypick.

When posters do things like the 2 of you the only rational conclusion is you are motivated by hate. Canelo, Manny, Corrales and JMM were as good or better than every prime guy Manny defeated.

That is a major reason why Floyd is always ranked ahead of Manny in any credible, unbiased ATG rankings. Nothing you post will ever change that fact.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-16-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

It's very easy to tell whose comments are rooted in hate for Floyd. Guys like you and Hugh Grant are perfect examples of posters whose comments are rooted only in hate.

In his case, I document it above. In your case it's documented several ways. For example, you called for the Floyd/Mosley fight predicting Mosley would win. Then when Floyd won, you later called it a cherrypick.

When posters do things like the 2 of you the only rational conclusion is you are motivated by hate.

Floyd always is ranked ahead of Manny in any credible, unbiased ATG rankings. Nothing you post will ever change that fact.
                Ha I called the Mosley fight a cherrypick based on how long it took Floyd to finally put pen to paper, and in the grand scheme it does nothing to enhance his legacy. Hell the Canelo fight does more. Same old Dunn same tired crap. Everybody hates Floyd so much. Poor you.

How many prime atg guys did Floyd beat @ ww is always the bottom line
                Last edited by djtmal; 05-16-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Ha I called the Mosley fight a cherrypick based on how long it took Floyd to finally put pen to paper, and in the grand scheme it does nothing to enhance his legacy. Hell the Canelo fight does more. Same old Dunn same tired crap. Everybody hates Floyd so much. Poor you.

How many prime atg guys did Floyd beat @ ww is always the bottom line
                  No, you called for him to fight Shane. He did. Any delay in that fight was Shane's toothache. Floyd must be great if beating a top 3 p4p fighter after almost being KTFO doesn't enhance his legacy at least a little bit.

Like I posted, Floyd always is ranked ahead of Manny in any credible, unbiased ATG rankings. No matter what you post about me or any other Floyd fan, that reality will never change.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-16-2019, 03:09 PM.

Comment

You can make a case that Manny trumps Floyd simply because he fought and beat more prime guys than Floyd,
                    Really? Like who?

Comment

No, you called for him to fight Shane. He did. Any delay in that fight was Shane's toothache. Floyd must be great if beating a top 3 p4p fighter after almost being KTFO doesn't enhance his legacy at least a little bit.

Like I posted, Floyd always is ranked ahead of Manny in any credible, unbiased ATG rankings. No matter what you post about me or any other Floyd fan will ever change that reality.
                      Ha ha Shane was already raked thru the coals, and was a year and a half on the shelf before Floyd felt the risk was at its minimum. Cotto and Manny same crap. I guess the excuse is Floyd was as washed up as those guys, but somehow he's "credible" at ww ha ha

Floyd Mayweather you dudes have the best excuses. He ducked Thurman and fought Berto what's the excuse there. All you dudes are good at is sidestepping the bottom line

Comment

Working...
                      X