No announcement yet.

Who invented the potato chip?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Chili originated from what is now northern Mexico and southern Texas.[2] Unlike some other Texas foods, such as barbecued brisket, which is associated with white men, chili largely originated with working-class Tejana and Mexican women.[2] The chili queens of San Antonio, Texas were particularly famous in previous decades for selling their inexpensive chili-flavored beef stew in their casual "chili joints".[2]

Go away dumb yank. Fat yanks are good at eating food not creating it.
    Your only source is Wikipedia. A place I can go edit?

If it's Mexican why don't they still eat it?

Comment

Wise potato chips first production were from a chicken coup on the property of my grandparents in Berwick PA back in the early 20’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpster Juice View Post
        The British food thread had me googling who invented certain foods. One of the items that came up in my search was the potato chip.

The British claim to have invented them. But like most things the Brits claim it's usually untrue. Wikipedia and other sources claim the British recipe calls for them to be cut about a quarter of an inch thick. I think that ends the debate because theres no way a potato chip is that thick and absolutely no way the Brits could eat a quarter of an inch thick kettle cooked potato chip. Basically their cook book recipe is really just french fries/ home fries.
        Which in the UK, we call 'chips'.

What a spectacular fail of a thread.

Comment

Chili originated from what is now northern Mexico and southern Texas.[2] Unlike some other Texas foods, such as barbecued brisket, which is associated with white men, chili largely originated with working-class Tejana and Mexican women.[2] The chili queens of San Antonio, Texas were particularly famous in previous decades for selling their inexpensive chili-flavored beef stew in their casual "chili joints".[2]

Go away dumb yank. Fat yanks are good at eating food not creating it.
          That's interesting. I found this...

While many food historians agree that chili con carne is an American dish with Mexican roots, Mexicans are said to indignantly deny any association with the dish.

Most historians agree that the earliest written description of chili came from J.C. Clopper, who lived near Houston

The fame of chili con carne began to spread and the dish soon became a major tourist attraction. It was featured at the World's Fair in Chicago in 1893 at the San Antonio Chili Stand.

In 1977, chili manufacturers in the state of Texas successfully lobbied the state legislature to have chili proclaimed the official "state food" of Texas “in recognition of the fact that the only real 'bowl of red' is that prepared by Texans.”

http://www.nationalchiliday.com/chil...l#.XA5t2YFOnqA

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Which in the UK, we call 'chips'.

What a spectacular fail of a thread.
            It's like the British are ******ed. Ick

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpster Juice View Post
              Your only source is Wikipedia. A place I can go edit?

If it's Mexican why don't they still eat it?
              We still eat Chili, dafuq u mean?

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                We still eat Chili, dafuq u mean?
                In Mexico. It's Mexican American not a Mexican dish.

Comment

I believe it was invented by the former Cleveland Browns/New York Giants tight end Chip Glass who also invented the window.

Comment

fish and chips...are not potato chips man

Comment

I'm done with your troll thread that you created because you couldn't post in the other. Americans talks **** about others food but they've created nothing themselves.
                      America is a country full of people from somewhere else so how can anything be "AMERICAN"??

Comment

Working...
                      X