Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Canseco Steroids Prophet

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...6320360.column

Canseco Called it

Here sits the great baseball sage Jose Canseco, dressed in a black hat and a black motorcycle jacket, slumped in a folding chair in a small room just off the main stage at USC's Bovard Auditorium.

It is Friday night and he is minutes from giving a talk about his life in baseball: the rise and fall, the steroids, his knowledge of who injected what and his speculation about current players -- even, it turns out, Manny Ramirez.

.................................................. ................................................

What about Manny Ramirez? someone asks

Why didn't Ramirez get a long-term deal? Canseco asks. Why were owners gun-shy about signing arguably the game's best hitter
    ?

Never mind that Ramirez was asking for a mega-deal at age 36. Or that he was negotiating in a sickly economy, while weighed down by the heavy baggage of a surly reputation. Canseco will have none of it. To Canseco, the drawn-out negotiation, the lack of a long-term deal, the lack of interest all raise red flags, and so he tells the Bovard crowd that Ramirez's "name is most likely, 90%," on the list

...Maybe, but he's still a douche.

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
      ...Maybe, but he's still a douche.
      lol At this point, I think it's safe to say that we have to believe pretty much everything Canseco tells us when it comes to performance-enhancers and baseball

Comment

wow on espn's show around the horn....Their just tearing up manny

Comment

I also heard that a while back Jose canseco said out of the 103 names that were on the Mitchell Report,one of the name that was missing was Manny Ramirez and nobody believed him.Plus in canseco's second book he called out A-rod and nobody believed him.....

He' credible.......

Comment

Canseco is a hero. The media smeared him and was complicit in the steroid coverup.

Comment

Originally posted by Big-Papi View Post
              wow on espn's show around the horn....Their just tearing up manny
              Yeah that douche Plaschke was all over him. That fat ass though probably couldn't even hit little league pitching. I can't stand it when sports writers act like that. I mean how can we take a guy seriously like that who probably has never stepped in that box and really understands what it takes. I agree what Manny did was stupid, but at the same time it's always easy to sit on the sidelines and question people. I know it's his job, but please with some of the stuff he was saying.

As for Canseco his first book was very good and informative. He knows his **** about steroids that's for sure. At this point you can't just disregard what he says. He is a rat though, especially calling out former teammates. As a teammate you just don't do that. Plus I think he does it for personal gain, not because he cares about the game of baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                Yeah that douche Plaschke was all over him. That fat ass though probably couldn't even hit little league pitching. I can't stand it when sports writers act like that. I mean how can we take a guy seriously like that who probably has never stepped in that box and really understands what it takes. I agree what Manny did was stupid, but at the same time it's always easy to sit on the sidelines and question people. I know it's his job, but please with some of the stuff he was saying.

As for Canseco his first book was very good and informative. He knows his **** about steroids that's for sure. At this point you can't just disregard what he says. He is a rat though, especially calling out former teammates. As a teammate you just don't do that. Plus I think he does it for personal gain, not because he cares about the game of baseball.
                This could be applied to many posters in the NSB section of this site as well! Everyone who thinks certain boxers suck should get in the ring at their local gym and spar 1 round and see what its like...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFairPole View Post
                  This could be applied to many posters in the NSB section of this site as well! Everyone who thinks certain boxers suck should get in the ring at their local gym and spar 1 round and see what its like...
                  Yeah I know it's why I never question a fighters toughness or call any boxer a total bum. Because yeah they may lose or look bad in a fight, but it's 10 times better than I could ever do.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFairPole View Post
                    false. no nsb posters get paid to talk about their opinion. thank god...

Comment

Working...
                    X