Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank Conor vs Khabib in the list of most embarrassing MMA fights ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock? Those were pretty embarrassing, considering how pissed Ken was and how he did nothing once the fights started.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
      The only embarrassing part was Conor getting knocked down by the grappler. And that's because of the trash talk beforehand mostly, it was a great moment otherwise.

Conor broke Khabib's round winning streak which is a pretty big deal, I forget the numbers I think Khabib was at 30+ rounds won in a row, only a few behind GSP the record holder. Pretty good for being inactive for 2 years. He also managed to take much less damage on the ground than Khabib's other opponents even though he got finished.

Everybody already knew that if Conor lost, it would be in this manner but it was expected to be much more brutal and over much faster. It didn't go down that way.
      I agree to a certain point.

Conor lost in every facet of the fight. Stand up and on the ground. Khabib stood with him a fair amount but Conor didn't really push the pace and literally tried winging lefts without any setups or any feints etc. Conor was setup purely defensive on the ground, he barely tried to get up after a certain point. Due to his defensive posture on the ground, he did the least damage to Khabib (outside of his fouls) too, let's be clear about that as well. His own coach regrets how defensive Conor was and how he didn't try and get back up.

Comment

Working...
      X