Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those of you who dont smoke weed.. how do you not smoke weed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
    Never liked it because all it did was make me sleepy.

I couldn’t figure out how friends of mine would get together smoke weed and party. If I did that I’d end up asleep on the couch.
    Kinda hard to party without sparking up couple of blunts. I have the beer in my right hand with the blunt in my left at all times at parties.

Comment

I think the biggest issue a lot of people have, including me, is the employment issue. It’s legal in most states, but that’s the problem, not all. And the matter of fact is it is still illegal on the federal level.

Until they make it legal at the federal level, employers don’t care. They don’t want their workers coming into work high. Even if it is legal. And I’m quite sure that more and more employers are going to be drug testing. A man’s livelihood isn’t worth a joint, bowl, blunt, whatever.

Especially those who work in industries that have to do with a lot of hand - eye coordination. Delivery drivers, mechanics, construction workers, heavy equipment operators. Those are going to drug test heavy. And it sucks because a guy who is doing something legal in his backyard on a Friday night, doesn’t smoke weed for almost a full week, then gets called in that Friday after smoking weed, has to piss, pisses positive, and then is fired because they have a no weed policy.

It doesn’t say he was high or impaired. It says positive for THC. Doesn’t measure the quantity. They don’t know how to measure the quantity in your system. Only that you have it in you. That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Bullsht lol. Well maybe for few out there but Im far from lazy. Im what you call a functional, pothead. Whether i am high or not, I act and speak exactly the same.

I can get depressed at times just like everybody else but weed sure aint got nothing to do with it lol. Actually, weed is the best cure out there for many conditions both mental and physical.
        I used to smoke when I was younger, in Europe the sh** was weak as hell...sometimes smoking a joint by yourself wouldn't get you high. Different story here, we got some of the strongest weed on this planet and I'm not making this sh** up, only my state tho. I've went to a few rap concerts here such as Kurupt,Tech N9ne, The Luniz and even they said they haven't smoked such good weed. BUT for me it was way too strong, like the other guy said, it made me depressed..sometimes I would laugh at silly sh** on TV but then the depression and anxiety would kick in, gave me lot's of problems so I quit, haven't smoked in over 10 years.

So I gotta disagree with you that it's good for your mental health, I watched a few people preparing the sh** when they grow their weed and as you would probably know yourself, people don't just plant a seed in the ground and the sh** starts growing, now days hardly anyone grows without using chemicals. When I saw the sh** which needs to be done to maintain/grow it I knew those things are being sprayed with chemicals which is probably worse than the sh** they make xtc with for example. Lot's of people develop mental illnesses because of weed, but for some it might be ok..not everyone will be affected the same.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
          I think the biggest issue a lot of people have, including me, is the employment issue. It’s legal in most states, but that’s the problem, not all. And the matter of fact is it is still illegal on the federal level.

Until they make it legal at the federal level, employers don’t care. They don’t want their workers coming into work high. Even if it is legal. And I’m quite sure that more and more employers are going to be drug testing. A man’s livelihood isn’t worth a joint, bowl, blunt, whatever.

Especially those who work in industries that have to do with a lot of hand - eye coordination. Delivery drivers, mechanics, construction workers, heavy equipment operators. Those are going to drug test heavy. And it sucks because a guy who is doing something legal in his backyard on a Friday night, doesn’t smoke weed for almost a full week, then gets called in that Friday after smoking weed, has to piss, pisses positive, and then is fired because they have a no weed policy.

It doesn’t say he was high or impaired. It says positive for THC. Doesn’t measure the quantity. They don’t know how to measure the quantity in your system. Only that you have it in you. That sucks.
          That's a good point. I have a friend who is a building engineer and couple of times he's been hurt on the job. Luckily the injuries were minor because he said if he reported it and went to the clinic or hospital they can give him a drug test after any accident which could lead to him being fired.

He's swerved them so far because he likes to smoke but in some cases those tests are random af and people do get terminated if they test positive.

Comment

I don’t smoke, I vape.

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
              I used to smoke when I was younger, in Europe the sh** was weak as hell...sometimes smoking a joint by yourself wouldn't get you high. Different story here, we got some of the strongest weed on this planet and I'm not making this sh** up, only my state tho. I've went to a few rap concerts here such as Kurupt,Tech N9ne, The Luniz and even they said they haven't smoked such good weed. BUT for me it was way too strong, like the other guy said, it made me depressed..sometimes I would laugh at silly sh** on TV but then the depression and anxiety would kick in, gave me lot's of problems so I quit, haven't smoked in over 10 years.

So I gotta disagree with you that it's good for your mental health, I watched a few people preparing the sh** when they grow their weed and as you would probably know yourself, people don't just plant a seed in the ground and the sh** starts growing, now days hardly anyone grows without using chemicals. When I saw the sh** which needs to be done to maintain/grow it I knew those things are being sprayed with chemicals which is probably worse than the sh** they make xtc with for example. Lot's of people develop mental illnesses because of weed, but for some it might be ok..not everyone will be affected the same.
              I think weed going through some type of regulation will help with that. It can’t just be grown and then shipped out for public consumption. Now it has to pass a test. It has to be kept up to a certain standard or it doesn’t go to shelves.

It’s the same thing with the vape. Vape is an epidemic according to the media. I hear stories about vape and deaths in people. A lot of that is because it’s not regulated at all. So when you go to some random smoke shop on the side of the road, you don’t know what you’re getting.

Kind of like how weed was. Your buddy says, “this is some good sh#t bro. I got it from my guy. Trust me. He knows his weed.” You have no idea where it came from. What kind of strand it is. It might be laced with something. Might be grown a certain way, like you said, with chemicals.

Once you have some type of government standard in place that it needs to be held to in order to sell, the quality will go through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Impeacher View Post
                I don’t smoke, I vape.
                Im chilling on the vape for awhile bruh. Ive been taking some clean ass bong rips outa my new Roor piece, real sticky sht, and Vapes are last thing on my mind. It’s just not the same man. Vapes dont feel natural.

I forgot how gooood chronic smells like. There is no substitute. Dont get me wrong, Im keeping some Carts for to go but it’s all about the herbs though.

Im hitting the Roor right now with a fkin crazy pre-cooler this way better than Vaping bra

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  That's a good point. I have a friend who is a building engineer and couple of times he's been hurt on the job. Luckily the injuries were minor because he said if he reported it and went to the clinic or hospital they can give him a drug test after any accident which could lead to him being fired.

He's swerved them so far because he likes to smoke but in some cases those tests are random af and people do get terminated if they test positive.
                  And in states where it is just becoming legal, you can bet random testing is going to become more and more frequent. I’ve read there are industries that are losing man power because of positive tests.

It sucks with your friend because if the injury was serious enough, he could have potentially collected workman’s comp. One way you can possibly get around that, is delay reporting it. Then report it to someone and say that you hurt yourself. Then go in for a drug test. What you are going to do, is plea the case that, “no I smoked after the injury to self medicate. The pain was so bad, I was just trying anything to ease the pain.” That might hold up in a workman’s comp case, if you were already smoking before the injury.

See, the key for workman’s comp injuries, is you have a 45 day window to report your injury. A lot of people think you need to report it immediately. You don’t. Your employer wants you to, so that you can piss right then and there and catch you with drugs in your system, so that they don’t have to pay workman’s comp. 45 day window for reporting injuries. After 45 days, any benefits from workman’s comp goes away. It makes sense too. Some injuries start out okay, and then over time they progress and get worse and worse overtime. Maybe when the injury first happened, it wasn’t so bad and wasn’t worth reporting. A month later, you think you need surgery.

As soon as you get injured, talk to a workman’s comp lawyer. If your case is good, the lawyers services should be free. Part of the workman’s comp benefit. By law you shouldn’t have to pay for a thing if it’s a good case.

We just got a workman’s comp presentation at my union last weekend. Some lawyer talked to us for an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                    And in states where it is just becoming legal, you can bet random testing is going to become more and more frequent. I’ve read there are industries that are losing man power because of positive tests.

It sucks with your friend because if the injury was serious enough, he could have potentially collected workman’s comp. One way you can possibly get around that, is delay reporting it. Then report it to someone and say that you hurt yourself. Then go in for a drug test. What you are going to do, is plea the case that, “no I smoked after the injury to self medicate. The pain was so bad, I was just trying anything to ease the pain.” That might hold up in a workman’s comp case, if you were already smoking before the injury.

See, the key for workman’s comp injuries, is you have a 45 day window to report your injury. A lot of people think you need to report it immediately. You don’t. Your employer wants you to, so that you can piss right then and there and catch you with drugs in your system, so that they don’t have to pay workman’s comp. 45 day window for reporting injuries. After 45 days, any benefits from workman’s comp goes away. It makes sense too. Some injuries start out okay, and then over time they progress and get worse and worse overtime. Maybe when the injury first happened, it wasn’t so bad and wasn’t worth reporting. A month later, you think you need surgery.

As soon as you get injured, talk to a workman’s comp lawyer. If your case is good, the lawyers services should be free. Part of the workman’s comp benefit. By law you shouldn’t have to pay for a thing if it’s a good case.

We just got a workman’s comp presentation at my union last weekend. Some lawyer talked to us for an hour.

Like you said his big deal is not reporting it. All those union guys I swear, they have all the angles- like it looks like you do too.

I have never ever had to take a drug test- well once when I was going to work in Taiwan and it was for heroin and opium. LOL. Not even the normal good ole USA drugs.

Comment

Gives me hella anxiety and dry mouth. Heart rate goes up and even though in my mind I know i’m fine and that’s side effects i can’t bring myself to enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                      X