No announcement yet.

Deontay Done F**Ked up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddeg10 View Post
    Disagree. Joshua will never be able to handle a Wilder power shot. He can dance around all he wants on a 300 lb opponent but that isn't gonna work on Wilder. Nor on Fury.

Wilder will make A LOT more money at this point as well.

It is not about handling Wilder's power, it about being smart enough never to be caught by it.

As you seen tonight, Joshua can nullify an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
      I agree mostly.

I agreed with Wilder in the whole this offer is an insult debate, but not the longevity of his argument. At a certain point, after like years of back and forth, Wilder should have just accepted he isn't getting a fair offer and taken the fight anyway. I'm not saying this to argue with the wilder ducked joshua folks but rather to point out even if you believe Joshua was sending lowballs to duck Wilder, Wilder went along with the plan then, and, it was stupid.

Wilder's a proud guy so I doubt he actually gives a ****.

Wilder would have a much better chance in beating a 2018 Joshua than a 2020 Joshua.

Comment

If Joshua fights like he did tonight he will get knocked out vs Wilder. His best shot against wilder would be to attack hard early and take his chances. He cannot wait around as Wilder will land that right hand eventually. Early slugfest is very winnable for Joshua. 50-50

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          How do you know all of this? Are you basing this on training footage and his own claims? I admit I haven't paid much attention to either of those things but you know that you can't base much on that untill he steps into the ring.

Like Tyson once said "90 percenth of fighting is sixthy perthenth mental". For all we know he gets KTFO in one round tonight.

I agree with you about Wilder though.

Everything.

I've paid close attention to what has been said.

Joshua went back to boxing, went disciplined.

Ruiz's extra weight helped him absorbed the punches better. But Joshua was extremely disciplined and never chased the knock out.

A very important lesson, that will bode well if he fights Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            It is not about handling Wilder's power, it about being smart enough never to be caught by it.

As you seen tonight, Joshua can nullify an opponent.
            Joshua can get away with that vs a 300lb opponent. You think he can run all night from Wilder? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              If Joshua fights like he did tonight he will get knocked out vs Wilder. His best shot against wilder would be to attack hard early and take his chances. He cannot wait around as Wilder will land that right hand eventually. Early slugfest is very winnable for Joshua. 50-50

Wilder's punches are predictable, and Wilder is much more easily to hit that Ruiz.

Joshua is working on that left hook too, Wilder will be made to pay for those wild swings.

A slugfest is a crapshoot and plays into Wilder's hands.

Joshua 2.0 can outbox Wilder and make him pay.

Wilder is not 300lbs and he will feel the punches much more than Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Dudes like d4th do a really gay thing where they elevate every to try and demean a fighter they don’t like and make a guy the like look better.

It isn’t “better” for AJ or any black mark on Wilder that Ruiz beat AJ.

It means that AJ was never really as good as his fans made him out to be and that Ruiz wasn’t bad just because Bob gave up on him. It has no bearing on Wilder.

You are very simple minded, aren't you?

Comment

Dumb thread. Even Hearn said tonight that Wilder will make more money fighting Joshua now than a year or two ago.
                  Both possible fights with Wilder and Fury have now been marinated into the zillions of dollars. Pre Ruiz...not so much.

Comment

I have always said AJs straight punches will beat wilder...now his legs will do it too. I have never seen AJ move like that's, I've never seen him look like a young Ali and I've seen AJ in the gym countless times.

That was remarkable and I now expect AJ v V bumsquad to never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      You are very simple minded, aren't you?
                      You’re an idiot that made a f@gotty thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X