Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health Insurance Is Straight SCAM! OR is it? Explain To Me This,, PERSONAL STORY!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Insurance Is Straight SCAM! OR is it? Explain To Me This,, PERSONAL STORY!

Allright, my mother-in-law is diabetic she needs insulin and needles she calls my girl crying cause they are charging her this and that I think it was 300, when she usually pay like 60, so my girl calls up the insurance company they tell her its cause the prices rise and drop so thats why you pay different prices different times, so whatever my girl calls up the prescription place and asked them she just gonna pay for it with no insurance cash and they said with no insurance its 36 dollars. SMH WTF.

Another experience of mines is I went into the dental office for my tooth it cracked the back one when I bit something shit hurted they bonded the cracked part its normal now but when I went I must have said I had insurance or whatever and when I went to pay they had all these forms to fill out and shit and that the work was 4500 I told em I dont have insurance ima pay cash and they said cash 1400 dollars.

Why the fuck are they charging insurance companies way more than it cost?

Its reminds me of those windshield places that will fix your windshield for free and give you $100 cash back that is IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE cause they overcharge the insurance company all they can they make max profits and you get $100 back cause why not incentive.

This entire insurance field is nothing but scams.

Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 12-02-2019, 07:10 PM.

Everyone hates insurance companies until they are messed up somehow and need it. This sounds like your beef is with big pharmaceutical not the insurance company.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Everyone hates insurance companies until they are messed up somehow and need it. This sounds like your beef is with big pharmaceutical not the insurance company.
      IDGAF really I have insurance and shit now, everyone in my family does but I was just remembering this today. IDK what my beef is really tbh just find it funny how their can be 2 different prices for teh same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR WILDER!. View Post
        Allright, my mother-in-law is diabetic she needs insulin and needles she calls my girl crying cause they are charging her this and that I think it was 300, when she usually pay like 60, so my girl calls up the insurance company they tell her its cause the prices rise and drop so thats why you pay different prices different times, so whatever my girl calls up the prescription place and asked them she just gonna pay for it with no insurance cash and they said with no insurance its 36 dollars. SMH WTF.

Another experience of mines is I went into the dental office for my tooth it cracked the back one when I bit something shit hurted they bonded the cracked part its normal now but when I went I must have said I had insurance or whatever and when I went to pay they had all these forms to fill out and shit and that the work was 4500 I told em I dont have insurance ima pay cash and they said cash 1400 dollars.

Its reminds me of those windshield places that will fix your windshield for free and give you $100 cash back that is IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE cause they overcharge the insurance company all they can they make max profits and you get $100 back cause why not incentive.

Sounds to like it's the businesses that are the scam artists.

Comment

You can’t blame them for trying to make money off of sick people, by scamming them, can you?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            Sounds to like it's the businesses that are the scam artists.
            you are right, I wonder why this isnt regulated. Maybe is just the lesser of the evil?

You regulate it now instead of them billing your insurance 5,000 and you 1,000 if you paying cash they now billing 5,000 across the board?

Comment

you are right, I wonder why this isnt regulated. Maybe is just the lesser of the evil?

You regulate it now instead of them billing your insurance 5,000 and you 1,000 if you paying cash they now billing 5,000 across the board?
              Yeah that could happen.

Comment

IDGAF really I have insurance and shit now, everyone in my family does but I was just remembering this today. IDK what my beef is really tbh just find it funny how their can be 2 different prices for teh same thing.
                Dude I had a coworker have a liver issue that killed him..total cost without insurance would’ve been well over half a million. My first boss has a son who had leukemia, and that shhh almost broke him. Insurance saves you one way or the other.

I have a friend Renee who is a rep for big pharmaceutical and the way they throw money around is insane but they can do that because they hold the parents on medications so they can charge what they want for it and justify it by saying they spend billions developing and testing the drugs. It’s a fkd up game.
                Last edited by turnedup; 12-02-2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X