Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd were to ever get knocked out how would it compare to RJJ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will become the third most important holiday in Philippines behind Easter and Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by LeoReyes View Post
      It will become the third most important holiday in Philippines behind Easter and Christmas
      Haha!

It would be crazy to see, a lot more surprising than Roy's I think to be honest. With Roy it was, 'well, he never had proper defense to being with'

Comment

Depends on how long Floyd stays around. He's still really good and has more left right now than Roy did at 34-35.

If Floyd fights in 2012 and 2013, I think he can still be as good as he is now and beat just about anyone. But, if he stays around for 2014, 2015, and 2016, he'll get beat. Not KO'd, because I think Floyd has a pretty solid chin, but he'll get out worked by a young fighter if he stays around past 36 years old. Roy never had a really solid and stout defense, something Floyd has always had, even right now at 34-35. If he ever gets beat, it will be because he fought past 36 or so. I don't see Floyd getting beat in the next couple years, but if 2014 rolls around and he's still fighting, he could get beat.

2 more years for Floyd, that's what I hope at least.
        Last edited by 4Corners; 02-07-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Floyd is not getting 1 shotted or put to sleep by anyone. At the very worst it would be a TKO ref stoppage.

If shane mosely can hit you as hard as he can with a right hook to the jaw and you don't go down, you are not getting K.O'd by cotto

Comment

when Roy got KTFO, i left the fight party immediately...went home and was depressed for over a week

if Floyd gets KTFO, i'm ordering extra pizza and more beer...then we'll watch it on a loop and laugh for over a week

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                I'm sure people were thinking the same thing about Roy. Tarver isn't going to knock him out he is just going to outwork him.
                I disagree. It was definitely a shock to see a great fighter get KO but it wasnt completely suprising since he looked like a dead man walking in there 1st fight. If he got KO like that in the 1st fight then it wouldve been how you say but the 1st fight gave showed the writing was on the wall if he didnt look different

Comment

No righty is ever going to do it to Floyd unless he is totally shot. Reflexes or not, his D is too good and his chin is solid.

Now, a lefty has a chance to catch him with some blind shish early and thats why it would be interesting to see him vs Pac or Sergio but even then its going to be hard to do "unless" he is inactive & rusty. If he's had a few fights before them then its still going to be hard for a Southpaw to stretch him but a righty has no chance to do it

Comment

depends on who it is that KO'd him
                    if it's an elite fighter, no big surprise, Floyd is vulnerable
                    if he got iced by a lesser guy, it's a shocker

Comment

rjj > floyd

Comment

Working...
                      X