This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rashford is still a baby.

But in terms of technique he's raw. But then so is everyone else in that team.

RLC has played about 8 minutes of senior football is probably one of England's best players technically. Chalobah is technically superior to Henderson too.

These players may never be good enough for Chelsea. I think they are. But Chelsea would smash England and are on different levels. Having Steve Holland there helps Southgate realise that obvious fact.

Other premiership teams also need to realise the absolute gems that Chelsea cast aside. Liverpool have and even Arsenal have becoming up Solanke, Brewster, and the other lad whose name begins with N.

Neil Bath at Chelsea needs to just be given the England job as well tbh.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-11-2017, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
      I think they mean the likes of Cahill, Hart, Henderson, Walcott, Jagielka, Young and Sturridge.

Kane and Rashford to lead the strike.

Alli, Wilshere, Stones, Maguire, Butland, Walker have to feature in the squad.

We all know we aren't winning the World Cup, so let's the kids some experience and let's see what they can do. I would say put Lallana on because he's underrated but he's been gone for so long, I don't know how he'll look when he's back.
      I guess Cahill and Hart the others never really spent a prolonged period in the teams of previous England sides.

Everyone kinda said this back at the last world cup btw.. and we played the young ones like turridge.. Sterling and we got owned and had failure ingrained into them for the followng Euros

Btw Rashford is not world class but he's a damn sight better then Walcott

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
        I guess Cahill and Hart the others never really spent a prolonged period in the teams of previous England sides.

Everyone kinda said this back at the last world cup btw.. and we played the young ones like turridge.. Sterling and we got owned and had failure ingrained into them for the followng Euros

Btw Rashford is not world class but he's a damn sight better then Walcott
        Rashford is going to get better but the kid is one of the few players that is not scared to actually go forward and take on players.

Look at our defence and strike lineup last world cup and compare it to now. We all around have better players now for England than we had then. We have a lot of young players who are only going to get better. I believe we'll be playing at a far better level than we have for a numbers of years.

I like the fact that the new generation we have are more attack minded and quick. So much of the time we were content to just pass it side to side afraid to take on players. Relying on Rooney or one or two players like Joe Cole to take on players. I don't know if we have the leaders in this team but we definitely have some good talent...this group of players are probably a bit too green to win this world cup but as we have seen with the youth world cup, we have a promising group of players coming through. English players usually do well when they are young because there is a lot of emphasis on physicality, diet and strength and conditioning. It's when the rest of the world catches up our technicality or lack of it is exposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Tammy looked alright. Strong and sniffs out a chance but must have missed every pass!

Drogba at his age was a fisherman in the Ivory Coast so it's all good. Better target man than Batshoes for Chelsea I think.

RLC is probably England's best midfielder tbh. I bet that bum Henderson gets straight back in that team though
          Come on now. Michy almost carbon copied Drogba on his way to Chelsea.

I will admit that Michy isn't doing himself any favors when he disappears every time he gets the opportunity to make a case for himself but even Drogba was rather "average" in his first 2 seasons at Chelsea and even almost left the club if it wasn't for Frank.

I truly feel that if 2004 Drogba came to Chelsea right now, I don't think Chelsea supporters would see any talent in him. (not saying you directly but the general consensus)

ps. I support Tammy. Not saying anything against Tammy, I hope he can be apart of Chelsea but lets be honest, all of our talent gets the door.
          Last edited by F l i c k e r; 11-11-2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Also, Cork getting the call up finally. Another Chelsea product that never saw a blue shirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Come on now. Michy almost carbon copied Drogba on his way to Chelsea.

I will admit that Michy isn't doing himself any favors when he disappears every time he gets the opportunity to make a case for himself but even Drogba was rather "average" in his first 2 seasons at Chelsea and even almost left the club if it wasn't for Frank.

I truly feel that if 2004 Drogba came to Chelsea right now, I don't think Chelsea supporters would see any talent in him. (not saying you directly but the general consensus)

ps. I support Tammy. Not saying anything against Tammy, I hope he can be apart of Chelsea but lets be honest, all of our talent gets the door.
              Michy just seems uncoordinated.

I don't think he's much of a talent. But now and again he does something and you think, oh right. Like the header against Watford.

But Tammy will get under a high ball and make it stick, and he always makes normal text book striker movements in the box. Michy will try and control a high ball with his ankle. He's one of them. He's all fucked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                Rashford is going to get better but the kid is one of the few players that is not scared to actually go forward and take on players.

Look at our defence and strike lineup last world cup and compare it to now. We all around have better players now for England than we had then. We have a lot of young players who are only going to get better. I believe we'll be playing at a far better level than we have for a numbers of years.

I like the fact that the new generation we have are more attack minded and quick. So much of the time we were content to just pass it side to side afraid to take on players. Relying on Rooney or one or two players like Joe Cole to take on players. I don't know if we have the leaders in this team but we definitely have some good talent...this group of players are probably a bit too green to win this world cup but as we have seen with the youth world cup, we have a promising group of players coming through. English players usually do well when they are young because there is a lot of emphasis on physicality, diet and strength and conditioning. It's when the rest of the world catches up our technicality or lack of it is exposed.
                He had a good career Joe Cole but when you hear respected pros talk about Joe he should have done better.

I remember genuinely thinking in 2006 that Joe Cole could would be player of the tournament at a world cup.

That whole Lampard/Gerrard debate.

Joe Cole is better at football than both of them anyway. They should have been trying to find a way of putting him in a no10 role, never mind that boring debate. International football is all about those dynamic moments of skill or quality. Not Roy of the Rover shit that Gerrard would do.

If a young Joe Cole was about now. He'd be the saviour of English footy. And Lampard is probably my favourite ever Chelsea player other than Dennis Wise and JFH

Comment

He had a good career Joe Cole but when you hear respected pros talk about Joe he should have done better.

I remember genuinely thinking in 2006 that Joe Cole could would be player of the tournament at a world cup.

Joe Cole is better at football than both of them anyway. They should have been trying to find a way of putting him in a no10 role, never mind that boring debate. International football is all about those dynamic moments of skill or quality. Not Roy of the Rover shit that Gerrard would do.

If a young Joe Cole was about now. He'd be the saviour of English footy. And Lampard is probably my favourite ever Chelsea player other than Dennis Wise and JFH
                  He was proper gash mate, did nothing when he made the step up to a big club

Comment

LOL disagree don't think he was that good.. all though like Scholes he was unfairly pushed out to the left to accommodate others..

Lampard>>>Gerrard/Cole by a huge margin.. the guys end product was crazy.. no real flash like those 2 but he would always pop up and score all types of goals

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                      LOL disagree don't think he was that good.. all though like Scholes he was unfairly pushed out to the left to accommodate others..

Lampard>>>Gerrard/Cole by a huge margin.. the guys end product was crazy.. no real flash like those 2 but he would always pop up and score all types of goals
                      Joe Cole at 16 or so pros thought he was gonna be Messi like.

I also liked him because he mugged of Liverpool

Comment

Working...
                      X