Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Povetkin deserve top 5 Hvyw status after doping twice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Povetkin deserve top 5 Hvyw status after doping twice?

He may be clean now but can we just turn our backs and overlook that for this Joshua fight?

If this was anyone other sport he would of gotten at least a 2 year ban and would be vilified by the fans and pundits for cheating. Look at Sharapova she used to be the darling of women's tennis despite getting crushed by Serena for years was a bigger earner, but now, she has to keep her head down, the sponsors have dried up, the fans no longer give her the same love she once received.

Boxing happily puts up with doping, fighters fail tests, the governing bodies don't care and so the doping agencies like UKAD get taken to court delaying results and complicating the whole process.

Sanctioning bodies like the WBC come out and support fighters like Canelo. Teper gets banned but then just fights in another part of the world where the ban can be circumnavigated.

The US gives out pointless 6 month bans which for a fighter that fights twice per year which is no deterrent.

USADA can be hired not just by governing bodies but by promotional outfits and boxers like Mayweather and so can be manipulated to test a fighter under the fighters own rules which led to the retroactive TUE.

Boxers can enroll and then un-enrol in the WBC's fair boxing program with no real consequences.

Fact is doping is still rife in boxing and fans to the sports detriment have just accepted it. Fans should of turned their back on Povetkin, people should have been outraged when he was made mandatory, but it seems all we care about is seeing good fights, the fact one or both fighters are cheating seems to be a secondary concern, if a concern at all.

Comment

him and his sister sharapova are cheaters. Its great to see them getting the shyt beaten out of them.

Comment

Ortiz was overlooked on it for his wilder fight. Both are dirty.. and Ortiz got his comeuppance .

Hopefully povetkin will too..more so than just a boring technical domination by wlad.

Comment

PEDvetkin vs Juiceshua.

the Super Bowl of steroids. who got the best juice?

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
            PEDvetkin vs Juiceshua.

the Super Bowl of steroids. who got the best juice?
            Lolx.... what a pained soul.

Comment

No drug cheat deserves that. But I would stop criticising cheats for now as most fans don’t really care, especially if that fighter is from their home country.

Comment

I think it's only because a lot of people don't really give a shyt about Poovetkin so they ignore it.

Comment

He deserves it. Regardless of the juice convictions he's a great fighter and possibly the most skilled of the lot. I know David Price is chinny but I watched that fight and thought to myself that Povetkin had almost perfect technique. In this day and age where a lot of boxers are hands down type showboaters I thought his stance was exactly what I imagined a classic boxer should have. He's fast and tight and I have no doubt he can beat AJ. Wilder too if he can avoid that one shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
                    He may be clean now but can we just turn our backs and overlook that for this Joshua fight?
                    --- None of you ninny gram IQs could pass BALCO VADA Vic drug testing unless your signed up for his drug cheating vitamins...drug cheating fans, VADA, Vic, and Vegas ruining boxing...only in boxing...

Comment

Working...
                    X