Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: We're Not Really Charging for Crawford-Horn on ESPN+ App

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN + PLOP,
    At the end of the day, 90% are streaming at vipboxing.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      The issue is the bulk of that is on YouTube already
      for how long will these fights be on YouTube, until Disney/Top Rank have them all pulled down?

ESPN+ seems interesting enough with the boxing and other sports content. im kinda miffed I didn't get on it earlier, when the womens college world series was on

but we still got track and field!

Comment

If anybody really needs streamms for boxing , PM me, I don't know any sites but I can possibly send you to smeone who does (Allegedly)

Comment

The issue is the bulk of that is on YouTube already
          Youtube,FB and google atm are in the process of making a new algorithm to remove al ot of this content across all their platforms.

Your gonna wish for 2010 all over again in about a year when all the stuff we see on youtube is stripped due to new copyright protections.

People have been crying about paying too much for cable and wanted individual choice, now that its here people are crying about paying for this.

Can't have it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            Why get that app, when I can free stream it? Same thing for DAZN and any of these other apps popping up.

This guy got it covered
            Streaming is the future. There's shows that are just on Netflix that are household names.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
              Streaming is the future. There's shows that are just on Netflix that are household names.
              Not denying that streaming will eventually take over, but Netflix is Netflix. ESPN + at the moment only has 200k subscribers compared to millions that have Regular ESPN 1 & 2. This does Crawford's marketability no good.

Comment

Originally posted by shoog View Post
                I just dont get this, I'm the boxing guy amongst my friends and family and they come to me every week saying "any boxing on this weekend"?, and i said yeah crawfords fighting and most of them are interested but then i gotta say its on some espn app. nobody wants to watch boxing on a computer on a saturday night, especially the oldtimers
                I'm the same guy. I already gave up trying to explain this to my friends.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I actually heard Espinoza on Michael Woods Talk Box the other day & he was saying boxing gots younger fans than most other sports.

I was surprised by that remark myself, but I'm assuming he's going off of some sorta stats I've not seen cuz it has been awhile since I delved too deep into the "old boxing fan" bullet point I used to always make myself.
                To be honest with you the younger generation isn't as technically savvy as people make them out to be. They've dumbed down technology for the younger generation. Remember black planet and myspace? We had to know how to code to put pictures and music on our page. Now a days all you do is press a button. Everything is a press of a button and it's there

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                While I agree with you, you can watch it on a smartphone, tablet or smart tv. And many households have smart tv’s, even “old timers”. They can download the app there. It’s also on Roku, Fire TV, Chromecast and Apple TV.

At this point i’m surprised if someone doesn’t have at least an entry level smart tv.
                Not many TV's allow you to download apps. The apps come already installed.

Gotta love the people who think this is somehow a about the price. It’s like concluding people don’t eat McDonalds because it costs too much.
                It's not about the price. It's about exposure for Crawford to me. I'll happily pay $5 a month for the fights that I wouldn't normally get to see like the overseas fights. but I don't wanna pay $5 a month for fights that should be on ESPN.

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                The problem is apps do not make fighters household names - it is going in the exact opposite of that goal. If you go from ABC/CBS/NBC down to HBO/Showtime down to ESPN and then down to an ESPN app, it is entirely counter productive to the goal of making fighters household names.
                Exactly

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                have any of ya seen what the espn+ app offers?

I take back what I said..... worth the $5 especially with the shiiitload of old school fights that they have in their library etc mlb indy 500 and 30 for 30

thats not bad for $5
                It's perfect for guys like you. I think it's gonna be great for UFC fans

Originally posted by Bad_Guy View Post
                HBO, Showtime, ESPN+, DAZN, and PPV on top of all that? If you think ESPN won't do PPV, think again. This is just another way to nickel and dime the customer. Who else is fighting on ESPN+? BJS vs. Murray and Khan earlier this year? I'll do the trial to get a steady stream for this fight, but I will not pay for this nonsense.

ESPN is already one of the biggest costs in any TV subscription service, so the fact that they're looking to squeeze the customer even more is plain greed. Now, if ESPN+ included all of the ESPN channels, that would be a different story, but it shows bull**** like MLS and Baseball.
                Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                Streaming is the present.

Comment

I wonder how Crawford responded to Arum when he found out his big fight with Horn will only be shown a new niche' app?

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                    for how long will these fights be on YouTube, until Disney/Top Rank have them all pulled down?

ESPN+ seems interesting enough with the boxing and other sports content. im kinda miffed I didn't get on it earlier, when the womens college world series was on

but we still got track and field!

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                      Youtube,FB and google atm are in the process of making a new algorithm to remove al ot of this content across all their platforms.

Your gonna wish for 2010 all over again in about a year when all the stuff we see on youtube is stripped due to new copyright protections.

People have been crying about paying too much for cable and wanted individual choice, now that its here people are crying about paying for this.

Can't have it both ways.
                      True. But until then, it's all on Youtube.

Comment

Working...
                      X